Hide vault from searches

cwanja
cwanja
Community Member

Is there a way (or a feature, or future feature) that could be a checkbox to hide a vault from searches? For example, I have an "Archive" vault that I move closed or no longer used accounts to. I do not want these showing up in my searches, but I do not want to delete the logins either for historical purposes.

Feedback would be appreciated.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @cwanja,

You can remove the Archive vault from the All Vaults view, which will also prevent the items contained within from showing up in searches. You didn’t mention which platform you’re using but in 1Password for Mac this can be done under 1Password > Preferences > All Vaults and then uncheck the vault in question.

Ben

• cwanja
    cwanja
    Community Member

Apologize @Ben, I am working from the 1Password X on Chrome. Does making that setting change in the desktop application sync up to 1Password X version?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2018

The instructions are a little different for 1Password X. Launch 1Password X, unlock it, and then select the Vault Switcher in the upper left hand corner (next to "Search 1Password"). Select the gear icon next to All Vaults and then toggle off the Archive vault. Then hit Done at the top next to All Vaults.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• cwanja
    cwanja
    Community Member

Oh man, @Ben - you guys rock. Thanks so much!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@cwanja - on behalf of Ben, you're quite welcome -- glad he was able to help! :)

• mpflugfelder
    mpflugfelder
    Community Member

@ben, @Lars, thank you so much. I've been using 1Password on the mac and chrome for about a year when i changed jobs. Just today when trying a new browser (Brave) I discovered 1Password X. I'm not sure how long it's been out, but it made a really good experience even better. I quickly remembered that I have an old vault that I want to keep around, but not fill in passwords. I made this change in 1Password a while ago, and had to make the same change in 1Password X now. Just wanted to mention that I love the product and the work you guys are doing, and that this post helped me a lot. Thanks!!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@mpflugfelder - wow, thanks for the kind words. I'm glad 1Password has made your digital life easier and more secure. 1Password X is one of our newest projects and we're really excited about it. It works only with 1password.com accounts, unlike our previous offerings, which keep your data locally in a 1Password app (for Windows, Mac, etc), and where the browser extension is basically a conduit for the main app. When you say "I had an old vault I wanted to keep around but not fill passwords," you mean a local vault, right? If so, you won't be able to view this in 1Password X for the reason I just gave...but you can keep that older vault in the native 1Password app and continue using 1Password X with your 1password.com account. Let us know if you have any questions.

• tcconway
    tcconway
    Community Member

Hi @ben and @lars.
    It seems this solution works for iPassword 7 for Mac, PC.

Is there a solution for iPhone?
    Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tcconway!

You can remove any vault from the All Vaults view on iOS too, under 1Password > Settings > Vaults > All Vaults and deselect the vault you don't want from the "Vaults included in All Vaults" section there :)

This discussion has been closed.