Is Large Type available in 1 Password X?

I have recently switched from Firefox back to Chrome (see below), which has meant moving from 1Password 7 Firefox plugin to the 1Password X on Chrome.

However, I've lost my Large Type option in the browser, which is extremely handy for online banking when they ask for characters X, Y and Z of my password.

Is Large Type coming to 1Password X, or is it there and something is preventing me seeing it?

Many thanks in anticipation -

Regards,
Dan

• Chrome Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)
• MacOS High Sierra 10.13.5 (17F77)
• 1Password 7 Version 7.0.4 (70004001) AgileBits Store

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: 1.7.3
OS Version: MacOX High Sierra 10.13.5 (17F77)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Coxy117
    Coxy117
    Community Member

I figured out how to switch to the 1Password 7 extension instead of 1Password X, so I've got the functionality I need... but would like to switch back to X when it has Large Type enabled!

• Thanks for letting us know how important Large Type is to you, @Coxy117. Thankfully this is something that's on our radar. 🙂

++dave;

• Coxy117
    Coxy117
    Community Member

Over the moon to discover L . A . R . G . E . T . Y . P . E . in 1Password X today!!!!! Thanks Dave & team!

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

So glad you like it! @danvpeterson did a fantastic job on the design and the other Dan did a great job on the implementation. Onward to the next big thing! :smile:

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ 1Password
    Fort Worth, Texas

• switkiss
    switkiss
    Community Member

Loving that large type is there in 1Password X now. For annoying websites that ask for characters X, Y and Z from the password, I'd like the large type box to stay visible until I dismiss it. Currently it disappears as soon as I return focus to the page to type the password in. This means I have to memorise which characters are in position X, Y and Z, rather than just referencing.

Admittedly remembering three characters and their case for a mere 5 seconds isn't massively difficult, but it's a feature I like in the desktop versions!

• Glad you're enjoying Large Type, @switkiss. We'd love for the Large Type view to stay visible too, but unfortunately there's a hard limit on what we can do in this case: there's no way for us to keep the extension popup open if you click outside of it. It's just another one of those limitations we have to creatively work around when building a browser extension. :) We will keep thinking of ways to improve the Large Type experience and make it more convenient, so please continue sharing your feedback.

This discussion has been closed.