Moving from 1Password3 on El Capitan

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

I was running the standalone version of 1Password 3 on Mac OS 10.6.7 but I now have a new used iMac running El Capitan 10.11.6

I downloaded the standalone version of 1Password6. Do I have to pay for this version to use it? After downloading this version, what is the best way to proceed?

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.6.11
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @countermoon2,

Welcome to the 1Password support forum. Please note that neither OS X 10.6 or 10.11 are receiving updates any further. We really can’t recommend using an unsupported/unpatched operating system connected to the internet. That said:

I downloaded the standalone version of 1Password6. Do I have to pay for this version to use it?

1Password 6 does require a separate purchase from 1Password 3. You can either sign up for a 1Password membership, or you can purchase a 1Password 6 for Mac Single User license within the 1Password 6 app by selecting 1Password > License from the menu bar at the top of your screen.

After downloading this version, what is the best way to proceed?

This guide should help:

How to upgrade from 1Password 3 on your Mac

I hope that helps!

Ben

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. There's a place where I have to enter my license. When I click it, a dialog box opens. Where do I enter my previous license?

Also, when I click on 1Password6, the app, I don't see my vault.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@countermoon2 - your previous license (I assume you're talking about a 1Password 3 for Mac license here) will not work to license 1Password 6 for Mac. You'll need to click 1Password 6 > License to purchase a license. That should open our FastSpring store and allow you to purchase a license.

This discussion has been closed.