Like 12 million other people I am stuck in read only mode. I have the Agile bits version

ahatheway
ahatheway
Community Member

I have followed all of the uninstall, reinstall crap and it still says read only mode. I have the agile bits version and a subscription.

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Read Only AGAIN

Comments

• @ahatheway

If you look in 1Password > Preferences > Accounts do you see your subscription listed there? If not click on the + button to add it:

https://support.1password.com/get-the-apps/

I hope that helps!

Ben

• ahatheway
    ahatheway
    Community Member

Yes my subscription is there, my "top secret code". It's all there but still says "read only mode" when I try to manually update a password.

• ahatheway
    ahatheway
    Community Member

I had to restore from time machine backup. Does that put the password file into read only mode? If so, where is it stored to change it?

• @ahatheway

It is difficult to say what the effects of that might’ve been without some diagnostic information, but I’m not sure I’d jump to that conclusion. To get a better idea of what is going on ‘under the hood’ I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/94180/
    • Your forum username: ahatheway

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• ahatheway
    ahatheway
    Community Member

your support ID is [#WDF-45683-715].

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ahatheway - thanks! One of us will be with you shortly. :)

This discussion has been closed.