1P 7.2.574 Issue [.NET error, Bad IL Range]

Andrew42
Andrew42
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I'm not sure that I wasn't also having this issue with 1P 2.572. I am using Firefox. When I boot the PC and try and enter 1P mini the icon is greyed out in Firefox. If I click on 1P in the system tray I get the attached error message. Normally what then happens is that 1P disappears from the system tray and comes back a few minutes later without my doing anything. When it comes back the 1P mini icon in Firefox is operating again. That is issue #1.

Issue#2. Everything appears to be normal but when I click on a login in 1P7 mini absolutely nothing happens. The web site is not opened. Or a settings page of my Home page opens. When this happens, I open 1P app find my login and try to log in directly. This will typically open the web site but not fill in the data. The only way I have found to solve issue #2 is to reboot and hope for the best. I have not tried going into Task Manager and deleting 1P and then trying to start it again. I will next time I have the problem.

I run into either #1 or #2 probably about 30% of the time.

1Password Version: 7.2.574
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: W10 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @Andrew42,

Thanks for reporting this. This specific issue you're getting isn't within 1Password but the interaction between .NET and 1Password.

Bad IL Range usually means .NET tries to run 1Password as 64-bit when it is 32-bit or vis versa.

Try this:

1. Uninstall 1Password via Control Panel but do not let any third party cleaners clean up 1Password, your 1Password data won't be affected.
    2. Check for Windows updates, it may include pending .NET updates
    3. Reboot
    4. Install 1Password 7.2.572 beta here: https://app-updates.agilebits.com
    5. Once installed, reboot once more, and see if 1Password is more stable.

Let me know if that helps.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Thanks Mike, I did what you suggested. When I opened Firefox the 1P mini was greyed out. I removed the extension, could not load it again, (connection issue), downloaded the extension, dragged it into Firefox and rebooted.

On opening Firefox 1P mini showed correctly and then a few seconds later greyed out. I went into Task Manager deleted 1P and went into my Programs and restarted it. On restarting I was asked for my Master Password and from then on 1P has performed as expected.

However, I have not rebooted so I will get back to you later this week when I have had more experience.

When in Task Manager I ntoiced my 1P is 32 bit while my machine is 64bit. I dont know if this is relevant.

• MikeT
    edited July 2018

Hi @Andrew42,

I'm not talking about the 1Password browser extension, that's not where the issue is.

1Password extension itself has no UI or data nor does it have native code or .NET involvement, it simply talks to the background 1Password process via Native Messaging. This is where the issue is, when you click on 1Password icon, it triggers 1Password to bring up the native UI and that's where it crashed.

You need to reinstall the main 1Password program, not the extension. (Unless I misunderstood you and you did that already?)

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Yes Mike, I did not make myself clear. I followed your instructions and deleted and reinstalled the main programme. On opening Firefox following the reinstalltion of the main programme I noticed the extension (1P mini) was still present but also still greyed out. That is when I deleted and reinstalled the extension and once again re-booted my PC. On rebooting and opening Firefox the extension showed correcly but then almost immediately greyed out. That is when I went into Task Manager removed 1Password main pogramme and started it again.

• Hi @Andrew42,

Interesting, the gray out icon means it can't find 1Password process to connect to. It could be crashing in the background.

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Will do Mike. Just to let you know in order to use 1P to access the forum and read you message I had to delete 1P in Task Manager and restart 1P. Invoking 1P mini and trying to access 1P forum was not possible.

• I understand, it sounds like 1Password is crashing in the background. We need the diagnostics report to see the crash reports.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Diagnostics report has been sent

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Andrew42,

We have found your report on our side and get back to you via email as soon as possible. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: PUP-46837-127

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Mike I resent the appp.zip you requested using MS Echange: it appears to have gone through. Let me know if you cannot locate it.

• Hi @Andrew42,

Can you tell me if you got an automatic reply from our BitBot and if yes, what is the support ID listed in that reply.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Mike, I think I did but I trashed it. I have sent it again from my Exchange email address. So far today I have not received a BitBot answer so what I propose to do is start a new ticket and sent the app.zip as an attachment.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Mike, I went onto the support and contact but the format does not allow me to attach a file. In response to a question you raised, I do have dropbox and, in fact, sync my 1P that way but dont know how to use it to get the app.zip to you. Let me know how and I'll do it.

• MikeT
    edited August 2018

Hi @Andrew42,

I believe your email service may be blocking the outgoing emails, so a new ticket won't help.

Instead, upload your app zip file to your Dropbox folder and create a link to it: https://www.dropbox.com/help/files-folders/view-only-access

Reply back in the previous email with the link, so we can download it and then tell you to remove the file.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Thanks to MikeT efforts my problem is resolved. I'm not totally sure what casued it in the first place but we found that I had two versions of 1P7 installed on my machine, several days apart but both this month. How and why this happened is a mystery since I have been using 1P for years and 1P7 ever since it was released, but eliminating the older of the two seems to have resolved the issue. Thanks MikeT.

• You're welcome and yea, I agree, that is an odd glitch. We'll keep an eye on it.

This discussion has been closed.