MyBell and BellAliant; Unable to Fill in Using Browser PlugIns

Good day.

I'm unable to using the latest 1Password plugin (11.1.2 ) with Safari for Bell Canada websites and affiliate web sites when I try to Regenerate a new password and Paste it in the fields. The Edit password fields on the Bell site require manual typing and the copying and pasting commands from the Apple Interface do not work either. Is this an increase of security on the part of Bell Canada? Or is this something else I can do using 1Password? The website URL is https://mybell.bell.ca and https://aliant.bell.ca.

Thanks

1Password Version: 7.07
Extension Version: 4.7.2
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: 1Password Cloud

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gadgetgeek,

Is it specifically the change password form that you're experiencing the issues with? I just want to make sure I understand where the problem is. These sites will likely prove a bit more difficult than the typical site as it won't be possible to easily create a test account. If the issue is with the change password form simply reaching it may be very tricky.

I do wish sites wouldn't place these daft limitations on fields - forcing people to type doesn't make anything more secure.

• gadgetgeek
    gadgetgeek
    Community Member

Hi there. Yes, that is correct.
    However, I'm happy to report its now working. It appears there was a 1Password update in the plugin that corrected this behaviour.
    It works perfectly now.

Thanks!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @gadgetgeek,

The version numbers you reported in your first post are still the current versions, we haven't released an update to either recently. I'm not sure what is different and why that made a difference but I don't think it was because of an update issued by us. At least things are working though.

• gadgetgeek
    gadgetgeek
    Community Member

Thanks so kindly for responding. It must be something Bell Canada have done on their end. I noticed that they have been making some "security" changes the past few days on their site. Its 100% working now though. Thanks again.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

If you do come across any other problematic sites please let us know and hopefully we'll be able to help more than we were able to here. Given I wasn't able to reach the page in question I am glad it ended on a happy note without our intervention :smile:

This discussion has been closed.