Default vault for saving new logins keeps reverting to unselected

I have 3 local vaults one of which I have selected in the settings as the default save vault. Whenever I get a prompt to save a new login, the wrong is selected by default. When I check the settings, no vault is selected as the default save vault. When I select the vault that I want to save to, the selection doesn't persist and the issue repeats.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.1.567
OS Version: Windows 10 Professional
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Matty279,

Thank you for reporting this!

It sounds like you bumped into a known issue in the latest version of 1Password 7.1 for Windows. We have plans to fix this behaviour in the future update, so please stay tuned. I am really sorry for this inconvenience.

Please let me know if there is anything else we can help you with. If you have more questions, feel free to raise them in your reply. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: OPW-2300

• Matty279
    Matty279
    Community Member

Thanks Greg

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Greg, you are most welcome! We're here if you need us. :)

• Matty279
    Matty279
    Community Member

I have seen numerous updates execute and this issue remains unresolved. Will this be patched with an update soon?

• Hi @Matty279,

Are you using 1Password 7.2 betas since you mentioned numerous updates? We have not released any stable updates in a few months.

This issue has been addressed in the latest 1Password 7.2 betas and confirmed by a few customers already, are you saying it is not fixed for you?

• Matty279
    Matty279
    Community Member

I am using 1Password v7.2.574 for Windows. I just updated the default save vault in the settings then saved a new login and it appeared to select the correct vault. The default save vault mustn't have been saved in the settings since the update was run that repaired this issue It appears to be persisting now.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@Matty279: Am I right to understand that you are all set now? Please confirm. :) Thanks!

• Matty279
    Matty279
    Community Member

Yes @Greg the issue appears to be resolved.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@Matty279: Great news! :+1:

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with, we are always here for you.

Cheers,
    Greg

• Matty279
    Matty279
    Community Member

It would appear that this issue is still not resolved. I just went to save a new login and the vault selected to save to was not the vault I had saved in the settings. It seems that after saving the default save vault in the settings, it keeps reverting to unselected as per the attached image.

• Hi @Matty279,

We're not able to reproduce it. We'll check again.

Is the vault you've selected the first vault on the list?

• Matty279
    Matty279
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT

It's the second of 3 vaults in the list that I want to be the default save vault. I have just tested it again by deleting the URL from an existing login which invokes the 1Password save dialogue when I login to that site. On this occasion the correct vault had persisted in the settings and this vault was selected in the save dialogue which is the correct behaviour. I am not sure exactly what is happening. I'll report again if the wrong vault is selected or if I find that the default save vault has not persisted in the settings. Please let me know if you discover anything at your end.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good. Before we addressed the save to vault setting, it was driving me nuts having to re-select it all the time, but I'm not having any trouble in this area anymore. Definitely let us know if you do.

• Matty279
    Matty279
    Community Member

Hi @brenty

The same issue has recurred. The default save vault is not reliably persisting. See attached.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Matty279,

That is quite strange! :eh:

If you see this issue in 7.2, please share a Diagnostics Report with us:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report on our side.

Thank you very much in advance! I will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

• Matty279
    Matty279
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

Reporting that this issue is still unresolved. See attached image.

I emailed a diagnostics report with a link to this thread and comment. The reference number is:

NLF-88376-193

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Matty279: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: NLF-88376-193

• Matty279
    Matty279
    Community Member

The diagnostics report showed that 1Password 4 was still installed alongside 1Password 7. The suggestion was made that uninstalling 1Password 4 would be best practice in any case but doing may resolve this particular issue. Uninstalling 1Password 4 hasn't made any difference. The default save vault drop-down list is still reverting to no selection after selecting a vault. I can't see amongst the release notes that this issue has been patched in v7.2.580.

• Hi @Matty279,

We'll reply to your email, please stick with the email as it would be difficult to reply to both forum and email at the same time.

There are no fixes related to this in the latest beta because we cannot reproduce this issue. As long as we don't find a way to reproduce it, we won't be able to fix it. As far as we know, you're the only one that has this issue, so we need to look at your setup and figure it out there.

This discussion has been closed.