Adding Family

Brino
Brino
Community Member

I have had the 1 Password App for a couple of years (never created an acct on my Mac until today). I recently got married and would like to add my spouse. He does not have the App, and has never used 1 Password. I see on my account I just created I can invite him.....but, how do I make the new account on my Mac sync with my App on Iphone so I can share that vault with him? He wants to add all his passwords and share a vault with me as well. I don't want to lose all my data on App as it's what I prefer over my laptop to access 1 Password. Does he get the App as well? Sorry...very confused. Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rob
    rob
    edited August 2018

Hi, @Brino.

I'm sorry for the confusion. You're going to want to add your new account to 1Password on your iPhone and move your existing data into the account. This guide will explain how to do that:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

When your husband accepts your invitation to join the account, he will be able to set up his own copy of 1Password on his phone or other device with his account. You'll have a shared vault where you can put things for both of you, and you'll each have your own private vault as well.

If you have further questions along the way, please ask! I'd love to help you get things running smoothly. :)

• Brino
    Brino
    Community Member

Thank you!

• You're welcome! :)

This discussion has been closed.