7.1.BETA-2 and now browser extensions don't work [7.1.BETA-3 fixed filling issue with Safari]

tullera
tullera
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Just did the beta install of the latest version and now when I click the toolbar button for 1password in Chrome/Safari/Firefox, it briefly flashes the 1password app, then returns back to the browser window and nothing happens. No mini window, nothing. Reinstalled the extensions and still no go. If the app is quit, then it doesn't launch the app or show the mini window.

1password the app works fine, I don't think I realized how much I rely on the browser extensions to do my daily tasks. Let me know if I can provide any more information.

1Password Version: 7.1.BETA-2
Extension Version: 4.7.2
OS Version: macOS 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @tullera,

Did you quit 1Password completely or simply do a cmd Q/Quit ?

• tullera
    tullera
    Community Member

Ahh, I just did a cmd-Q, I just did a "Quit Completely" and now things are good again. Thank you!

• ddlamb
    ddlamb
    Community Member

Co-signing. When I use Cmd-\ to fill in, it asks me to install the browser extensions which are already installed. Frustrating.

• jcr
    jcr
    Community Member

Same issue; Quit Completely from 1Password menu item seems to have resolved. I know this is a beta and all, but I would kinda expect the installer (which seems perfectly capable of quitting the 1P app) to take care of "Quit Completely" for me, if it is necessary to work properly. :-)

• kennonb
    kennonb
    Community Member

Having the same issue here. I thought maybe it was related to Mojave, but looks like you're still on High Sierra.

• kennonb
    kennonb
    Community Member

Also, I did "Quit Completely" works for a min and then borks out again.

• edythafrancis
    edythafrancis
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

Having the same problem here. Also tried uninstalling the extension and reinstalling it with no luck. High Sierra here.

• Revolution1210
    Revolution1210
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

Can confirm same as @kennonb - able to get extension working briefly by forcing a quit on 1password, extension appears to work, try to fill a password, it then reverts to just flashing the app up briefly. Running High Sierra, same issues in both Safari and Chrome.

• mujtaba_mir
    mujtaba_mir
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

Can confirm that I have the same problem here.
    On Mojave beta 6.
    EDIT: Tried quitting 1P completely but as others pointed out, appears to work for a while before it goes back to flashing the app.

• go2jo
    go2jo
    Community Member

Yup ... installed 1Password 7.1.BETA-2 (70100002) & when in Safari I still get this:

Why are we directed to the Apple's website and not to the 1P beta plugin installer web page? When did you force the Apple Extension Library page & stop allowing the 1P web installer where we could choose beta plugins? Have I been asleep ... or doesn't it matter any more?

Like the others, even after doing a complete quit, the extension no longer works as it did. Mini still thinks the plugin is NOT installed as the image above indicates. I've even gone as far as, uninstalling the plugin, reinstalling 4.7.2 plugin, complete quitting & rebooting my iMac. Nope. Didn't fix anything.

BTW ... I used Time Machine and went back to 1Password 7.1.BETA-1 (70100001). Works fine now.

Sure hope you fix this quickly & push beta 3.

macOS 10.3.6
    iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)

• 1puburap
    1puburap
    Community Member

Same problems here. Neither "open and fill" nor "autofill" works.

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member

Just cosigning. "Quite Completely" works momentarily and then it flakes out again. I'm getting the same message contained in go2jo's screen shot above. 1PW 7.1 Beta 2 and macOS Mojave 10.14 Beta (18A353d).

• thejokell
    thejokell
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

Same issue here. Quitting 1Password completely appeared to fix it, but my first attempt to fill a password did nothing and then the extension would "flash" the full window and back to Safari.

1Password 7.1.BETA-2
    Extension version 4.7.2
    macOS 10.13.6
    Safari Technology Preview Release 62 (Safari 12.1, WebKit 13607.1.1)

• z06man
    z06man
    Community Member

OK, I'm having exactly the same issue. 1Password 7 Version 7.1.BETA-2 (70100002), Safari extension V4.7.2, Safari 11.1.2, macOS High Sierra V10.13.6.

• mikeormerod
    mikeormerod
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

Same here, did a quit completely and the Safari extension is not working :(
    MacOs Mojave (Bets 6)

• jcr
    jcr
    Community Member

Yeah, it came back for me too (after initially being fixed by quit completely). I'm reverting to beta-1.

• mikeormerod
    mikeormerod
    Community Member

Is there a link to Beta-1 until this get's fixed?

• lwieder
    lwieder
    Community Member

Same problem here as Tullera, same configuration; also Firefox extension broken, too. Reverted to 1Password 7.0.7. Safari works again. Firefox a fizzle. What is time-sensitive in the beta so that what worked yesterday doesn't today? No more adventures for me.

• I'd like to see a Diagnostics Report from someone willing to stay on beta 2.

• Pelorus32
    Pelorus32
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

I have the same problem. How do I get you a diagnostic report?
    1Password 7
    Version 7.1.BETA-2 (70100002)
    AgileBits Beta
    @rudy

• mikeormerod
    mikeormerod
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

Happy to provide a Diagnostic report. Please let me know how.

Scratch that, I remember I had the app, generating now.

• Pelorus32
    Pelorus32
    Community Member

@rudy Just as an aside, the only thing in the logs for 1Password is this - from about 45 minutes ago:

Wed Aug 8 06:23:39 2018| 70100001 [UPDATER:(Secondary Thread 0x600000265940):<OPUpdateWindowController: 0x7f926740d250>] E MD5FromServer | Error downloading MD5 hash 'https://c.1password.com/dist/1P/mac7/1Password-7.1.BETA-2.zip.md5': (null)

• mikeormerod
    mikeormerod
    Community Member

Looks like the tool doesn't attach the report in Mojave, where is the file actually generated so I can attach it?

• Pelorus32
    Pelorus32
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

@rudy I've sent a diagnostic report to the support email.

I'd like to see a fix soon though...it's pretty painful

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member

It just does not see the extension...sight

You guys have many problems since 1Password 7...unfortunately

extension, screen sharing, filling fields badly, autosubmit off and on

hummm

• ekivemark
    ekivemark
    Community Member

I can confirm the same issue. Using High Sierra (10.13.6), Safari ( 11.1.2 ) or Chrome (69.0.3497.23 (Official Build) beta (64-bit))
    1Password 7.1.BETA-2

Doesn't matter whether 1Password7 Beta or standard Safari or Chrome Browser Extension.

The symptoms are the same as others have reported. Click Browser Extension and 1Password app flashes up and focus returns to Browser. Unable to paste into fields from 1Password.

Tried Quit Completely from 1Password7 mini. This has no effect.

• rwakeford
    rwakeford
    Community Member

Gosh, I seem to be having more problems than anyone as the extension just flicks on for a second and then off and 1Password main beta 2 just opens but no response when trying to open any site with Mojave beta 6. Just totally dead :-(

• tullera
    tullera
    Community Member

@rudy just sent a diagnostic as the problem came back. [#WJW-33738-615]

• verdi1987
    verdi1987
    Community Member

I am experiencing the same issue reported here on both macOS 10.13.6 and 10.14 beta. Tried quitting completely to no avail.

• ekivemark
    ekivemark
    Community Member

Nice work Agilebits. This is why we love you and 1Password! 7.1.BETA-3 fixes the issue of not pasting into forms for both Safari and Chrome.

I just upgraded to Beta-3 and now everything is working again.

This discussion has been closed.