To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Sync questions with a subscription and multiple vaults

Options
RMD3819
RMD3819
Community Member

Considering a subscription but have a few questions. It is just me with no sharing with anyone. I have 1PW6 from the MAS and the paid iOS version.

1. I have two vaults and sync one via iCloud and the second manually via dropbox. My understanding is this is an Apple restriction. Will this change with the subscription? Will you be able to auto sync multiple vaults?
  2. Not related to sync but how will the upgrades with iOS work with a subscription?
  3. Does the MacOS version from the web store auto update or do you need to manually check for updates?

1Password Version: 7.0.6
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: iOS 11.4
Sync Type: iCloud/Dropbox

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @RMD3819

Let me get right to those questions. :)

I have two vaults and sync one via iCloud and the second manually via dropbox. My understanding is this is an Apple restriction. Will this change with the subscription? Will you be able to auto sync multiple vaults?

Yep. You can have as many vaults as you wish and they will all sync automatically to all your devices.

Not related to sync but how will the upgrades with iOS work with a subscription?

It works the same way it does on all platforms. With a membership you get all upgrades for all platforms, no questions asked.

Does the MacOS version from the web store auto update or do you need to manually check for updates?

Our website version of 1Password has an auto-updater similar to most macOS programs out there. Of course, you can also manually check for updates if you choose to.

• RMD3819
    RMD3819
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks.

To clarify my iOS upgrade question-what happens if you release a paid iOS upgrade/new version and you have a membership. How does the app store know to allow you to download it for free?

If I sync via the web store MacOS version it uses your AWS servers and neither Dropbox nor iCloud are involved. Is that correct?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@RMD3819: Correct. A 1Password.com account stores the encrypted data on the server. 1Password is a free download from the App Store, and then signing into your 1Password.com account unlocks all of its features, and lets you access your data without needing to configure sync settings. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• cinthia
    cinthia
    Community Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

Hello I’m jumping in with an additional question on this subject. I hope that’s ok.

I was able to migrate my iCloud, primary vault using your instructions, then migrate my secondary vault (synced with Dropbox) to a new subscription secondary vault, by exporting then importing. Thanks.
    but NOW - How do I now delete these 2 old vaults? Lots of posts but none answer the question. I turned off sync to iCloud and sync to dropbox. Still no option under help or preference to delete either vault. RESET all data is greyed out. I can't even start over. I understand I must first delete the secondary then the primary but again, can find no way to delete either.
    Must I delete the app and download it again from the Mac store?
    Thanks for your help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cinthia: Removing the Primary vault is covered at the end of the guide for migrating to a 1Password.com account.

But if you have multiple local vaults in 1Password still, you'll need to remove the others first by selecting them from the Vaults menu:

And then delete it from that same menu:

Alternatively, if you've already got everything in your 1Password.com account, you can lock 1Password and then use Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data to start over in the app and set it up with only your account. Just make sure you have your Emergency Kit or account credentials before doing so. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.