To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Web Based 1Password - Unable to Authenticate 2FA

Options
mrtimothy
mrtimothy
Community Member

Hi Team,

Just wanted to log this issue that seems to currently impact me only with the Web Version of 1Password. Other Applications and Devices work fine. I've yet to use the Web-Browser versions on Mobile OS.

Issue: 'Incorrect Authentication Code' when using Web Version of 1Password during the 'Two-Factor Authentication' prompt

Image:

Workarounds: (Choose One)

• Use '1Password X' Web Extension, seems to not be affected
  • Use Another Devices instead (Not a workaround)
  • Open an Incognito / Private Browsing Session
  • Clear cookies and Cache

Troubleshooting:

• Selecting 'Use another Account' does not resolve it
  • The 2FA code works when using Incognito, .'. I know it's not Authy causing the issue
  • The 2FA code also works when I set-up the 1PasswordX / Web Extensions

Technical Information:
Account Type: Cloud Based 1Password Account
Device Types: Browser Session (Firefox / Chrome) on Windows 10 PC
Other Devices: iOS / MacOS / Windows 10 Devices / 1Password Apps on those Devices
2FA Token Device: Authy

Regards,

Timothy

1Password Version: 534
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Browser

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @mrtimothy

To be clear: this happens in both Firefox and Chrome and with either using a private browsing session resolves the issue? If that is correct could you please tell me if you have any browser extensions that are the same (or serve the same purpose) in both browsers? Is it possible that when you’re going to private mode these extensions are disabled?

Ben

• mrtimothy
    mrtimothy
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben

This issue has appeared in both Chrome and Firefox. At the moment I primarily use Firefox, the issue is intermittent and cannot be replicated at all times.

I have extensions enabled for both Browsers.

In Private mode, the extensions are disabled (For firefox)

Regards,

Timothy

• Ben
    Options

@mrtimothy

Please try disabling all extensions and see if this problem persists. If the problem does not manifest with all extensions disabled then re-enable them one-by-one until the problem occurs. Then you'll have a pretty good idea of which extension may be causing the difficulty.

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• mrtimothy
    mrtimothy
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben,

Thanks for the reply. I've worked out a resolution that is easy to use and it is just refreshing the page + clearing the cache using the command:

Windows (Firefox/Chrome): Ctrl + Shift + R
    Mac (Firefox/Chrome): CMD + Shift + R
    Action: Clears cache for Page and Refreshes

Steps for Workaround:
    1. Attempt to login and insert 2FA as normal
    2. 2FA Code input is rejected
    3. Use CMD + Shift + R to clear cache and refresh local page
    4. 1Password should now be logged in

It seems that 1Password Web does log me in but the 2FA is displaying for some reason, possibly cookies or such.

My extensions are: UBlock Origin / Privacy Badger / iCloud Sync (Windows) / 1Password / Pocket Extension
    Unfortunately I have not continued to extract logs / trial error of extensions to trace the Root Cause.

Please mark this thread as resolved as I believe the workaround suffices my needs and others for a temporary workable solution.

Regards,

Timothy

• Thank you for the update @mrtimothy. I’m glad to hear you’ve found a solution you’re satisfied with.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.