2. Open Safari
  3. Paste a deep link search url: onepassword://search/vpn
  4. See that 1Password opens
  5. Unlock 1Password
  6. See that 1Password has not searched for vpn

Expected behavior

After I unlocked 1Password, it should have searched for vpn

Actual behavior

1Password does not trigger the search. Note: This works as expected if 1Password is already running and unlocked

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.0.BETA-5 (70000005) AgileBit
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: team

Comments

• ag_kevin
    edited May 2018

Hi @timbroder ,

Thanks for taking the time to send us the steps to reproduce. I've raised an issue for the development team to look into.

Cheers,
    Kevin

ref: apple-485

• timbroder
    timbroder
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

@ag_kevin any update on this? I see it didn't make it into the final version. It's an action I take a few times a day

Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@timbroder: What 1Password and Safari versions are you using? I think this may be a bug in Sierra, as I'm not able to reproduce it on High Sierra.

• timbroder
    timbroder
    Community Member

@brenty

Versions below. I don't use safari though, I'm triggering the deep link from Alfred. I did just test from safari after killing the desktop app and it did not fix it for me

Safari: Version 11.1 (13605.1.33.1.4)

1Password 7
    Version 7.0 (70000019)
    AgileBits Store

• Jacob
    edited June 2018

@timbroder Thanks for letting us know. I just tried reproducing this as well and couldn't. How is the deep link set up in Alfred? Do you just enter that link you mentioned?

• Kepi
    Kepi
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

I can confirm what @timbroder is reporting: doesn't work for me when locked and doesn't work right when unlocked and 1Password has been "quit".

I copied the URL from the first post - onepassword://search/vpn - and paste it into Safari and load it. After unlocking, 1Password doesn't do anything. But if 1Password was already unlocked and open, the search is performed as expected. If I "quit" 1Password via ⌘Q while it is unlocked (I have my settings so that closing the main window leaves things unlocked) and it has to be "relaunched" after activating the URL, 1Password launches, the search happens, I see the filtered results appear, and then the search is immediately auto-cleared returning to a full list of items.

SafarI: 11.1.1 (13605.2.8)
    1Password 7.0.3 (70003001)
    AgileBits Store

• timbroder
    timbroder
    Community Member

@Jacob What @Kepi describes is generally what I'm seeing. (Thank you for posting!).

The only difference is I don't see the filtered results and an auto clear, I see 1Password as if I had just opened it, and not searched

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

I'm seeing what @Kepi is seeing! @timbroder I've reopened the issue on our end and asked the devs to take another look.

• timbroder
    timbroder
    Community Member

@Henry thanks!

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

@timbroder No problem! Thanks again for taking the time to report this. :)

• timbroder
    timbroder
    Community Member

@Henry is there any timeline around fixing this? Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@timbroder: We don't discuss release dates for stuff that isn't done, as that is subject to change. But it will be in the release notes as apple-issues#485 if and when we're able to find a fix.

This discussion has been closed.