How is data transferred from the account on a mobile device to a laptop?

j1delay
j1delay
Community Member

My account is on a Pixel 2 which was replaced due to damage. 1 Password was transferred to the new Pixel 2 but I am unable to open because I do not have a security key. Never did have one, simply opened with my password. I am thinking there must be a way to transfer the data to a laptop then to the new phone. I have over 150 entries that need to be retrieved and transferred to the new phone.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How s data transferred from the account on a mobile device to a laptop?

Comments

• Hi @j1delay. Did you have Google Backups enabled on your old Pixel 2, and do you have it enabled on the new one? Are you signed into your account from your laptop? If so, you can find your Secret Key in the Accounts menu on the laptop. Let me know!

• j1delay
    j1delay
    Community Member

Do not have Google Backups!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@j1delay: If you really don't have a 1Password.com account (and thus no Secret Key either) or a backup of your data somewhere else, it's gone. Unfortunately we won't be able to recover your data, as we never have access to it. If you don't have it stored anywhere else, you will need to start over. There just isn't any way around that. But if you'll let me know what you have to work with, I'll be happy to help walk you through things.

Did you backup your 1Password data at some point?

https://support.1password.com/backups/

Did you copy it to other devices, or sync it somewhere?

https://support.1password.com/sync-options/

Let me know and we'll go from there.

• j1delay
    j1delay
    Community Member

Did it the old fashioned way, typed four sheets of data and will reenter when I get a new account set up!1 Thanks for your response.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@j1delay: I'm sorry that was necessary, but it's certainly good news if you have everything, even if it wasn't in a digital format. If there's anything we can help with while you're getting things setup or using 1Password day to day, just let us know. We're here for you!

This discussion has been closed.