1Password is read-only. Can't save passwords [1Password for Windows]

Lwalrad
Lwalrad
Community Member
edited August 2018 in Families

I just signed up for a 30 day free trial of 1Password and installed the App and browser extension. However, when I log into a web site and the "1Password - Save Login" dialog box pops up, it says "1Password is read-only" and the "save login" box is grey-out.

Pretty tough to try out the product when it won't let me use the basic function I want to use it for.

Any idea how to correct this?

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Lwalrad: Did you maybe setup the app with a local vault instead of signing into your 1Password.com account?

• Lwalrad
    Lwalrad
    Community Member

Brenty - I don't know what you are talking about. I followed the instructions to set up 1Password and don't recall being given a choice about local vs signing into 1password.com account. However, it's been a while so I may have forgotten if I was given that option. Regardless, I'm not sure how to proceed at this point.

• Lwalrad
    Lwalrad
    Community Member

Got it figured out. I just got billed for an annual subscription and now I'm given the option of logging in on the 1password.com login screen. Now that I've logged in, the "read-only" only issue has gone away.

thanks.

• Thanks for the update @Lwalrad. :)

Ben

• gdanaher
    gdanaher
    Community Member

I have the same issue. Do I need to wait to be be billed before this program will work correctly?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gdanaher! Welcome to the forum!

You don't have to wait to be billed. You need to add your 1Password account to the app in order to make the read only message disappear.

• gdanaher
    gdanaher
    Community Member

Thanks for responding, but no joy. The instructions don't follow what I am looking at on the screen. Here is where I am at:
    Run app from Windows 10, choose an account, enter master password, sign in. Popup window appears with tab Create New, then yellow box reading 1Password is read-only, Would like to save this 1Password.com login?, another gray box, then white boxes for 1Password and tags.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@gdanaher: Can you please send us a screenshot of this message to support+forum@agilebits.com so we can take a closer look without sharing personal information on a public forum? Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.