iPhone with 1password standalone app on it lost. How can I access the data from another device?

Options
Yoman70
Yoman70
Community Member

I lost my iPhone 6s today with the 1password standalone app on it. I have no backup on my PC or in the cloud. How can I access my data from anther device?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:iPhone with 1password standalone app on it lost. How can I access the data from another device?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Yoman70,

I’m sorry to hear about the loss of your iPhone 6S. Unfortuantely you can’t access your data from another device. When using 1Password as a standalone app your data is stored only on the device you enter it on unless you set up syncing or make a backup. This is one of the reasons why we recommend our 1Password membership service, and why it has become the defacto option when getting started with 1Password. With a membership your encrypted data is stored on 1Password.com so if a device is lost or you want to access 1Password from another device all you need to do is sign in to your 1Password membership account.

I’m sorry I don’t have the answer you were hoping for.

Ben

• Yoman70
    Yoman70
    Community Member
    Options

This can't be possible. You will have stored my data on one off your servers. It must be possible to access the data as I can prove that I have the Masterpassword.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2018
    Options

I’m sorry but that isn’t the case unless you have a 1Password subscription membership. The only time we store any 1Password data is with a membership. When using the standalone app we do not store any of your 1Password data. That is one of the primary differences between standalone and membership and what makes standalone “stand alone.”

Ben

ref: YQT-93342-551

This discussion has been closed.