Issues concerning the new `op delete trash`

HippoMan
HippoMan
Community Member
edited August 2018 in CLI

I finally have some time to test the new op delete trash command, and it seems to function well.
Good work! Thank you!

However, I have a request:

With other commands, such as op create note ..., the vault parameter is specified as follows: --vault=[vaultname]. However, the --vault parameter is ignored in op delete trash, and the vault name must be specified without the --vault= prefix.

It would be more consistent if op delete trash could take the vault name as follows: op delete trash --vault=[vaultname], in addition to the current op delete trash [vaultname]. Or perhaps op delete trash [vaultname] could even be deprecated or removed completely.

Would this be possible?

Thank you very much.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• HippoMan
    HippoMan
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

Also ... would it be possible to optionally allow an item name to be specified for op delete trash, so that only items which match the specified name would be removed from the trash?

For example, suppose I have edited and trashed an item named 'MyItem' several times, so that in the trash of the given vault, there are a few MyItem entries sitting around. It would be desirable if I could do an op delete trash MyItem {--vault=}[vaultname] (or something similar) in order to only delete the specified MyItem entries from that vault's trash, and not any others.

Could this be possible?

• cohix
    cohix
    1Password Alumni

@HippoMan Glad you've had a chance to try it out!

The trash in 1Password is vault specific, so unfortunately we have to keep the vault parameter as required. We currently don't support deleting the trash across all vaults.

As for deleting a specific trashed item, this is something I'll bring up with the team, but as of now It's not something that we support.

• HippoMan
    HippoMan
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

I understand that vault is a required argument to op delete trash. However, it's still possible to allow --vault=VAULT as an optional way to specify it, so that the command-line arguments can be consistent between the various op commands.

My python wrappers can still function if this suggestion is not implemented, but it would indeed be helpful.

Just take this as a suggested wish.

• cohix
    cohix
    1Password Alumni

We'll take it into consideration :)

This discussion has been closed.