1Password is not suggesting passwords when I'm signing up to a new account.

Options

When I'm creating a new account and try to have 1password to fill the password it doesn't seem to work on Google Chrome. I don't know if I'm missing something or it is not available as an option. Thanks for your help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:suggesting passwords creating accounts

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jose_velez,

We'll need a bit more information before we're able to help I'm afraid.

1. What operating system do you use?
    2. What version of the 1Password native client do you have installed?
    3. If you click the 1Password button in the browser toolbar, does 1Password mini display?

That will give us a broad overview and then we take it from there.

• jose_velez
    jose_velez
    Community Member
    Options

OK sorry!
    1. I'm Using MacOs on High Sierra
    2. 1Password 7.0.7
    3. And yes when the button 1Password mini Display.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @jose_velez,

Thank you :smile:

So I do have a couple of more questions just to see if we can pin down where the issue lies.

1. If you try following the steps detailed on our support page How to save a Login manually in your browser, does 1Password correctly save a new Login item. The site can be one of your own choosing and it doesn't have to be a site you use or real account credentials, all I'm really wanting to test is whether a new Login item is saved.
    2. When you try to use 1Password to generate a new password, are you using the Password Generator and is it the Fill button you're using? To highlight what I'm referring to I'm including a screenshot below of the Password Generator in 1Password mini.

If you're still finding it doesn't seem to be working, can you try using the Password Generator on the Facebook homepage. I could have picked any site, it's just an easy one to reach and the homepage has two password fields. Use of the Password Generator should fill both, the one for signing in and the one for registering. What I'm wondering is if the site you've started with has some odd behaviour we need to investigate and if you were simply unlucky or if there is something more systematic going on.

Hopefully we get closer to the issue with these answers :smile:

This discussion has been closed.