Hangs on big item

Options

I have a note where I store a big DB of old logins which mostly I don't use (when I do, I go looking for the item there, create an entry in 1Password, and delete it from the note).

Whenever I highlight the item in 1Password tthough, the app freezes for many seconds. This is annoying specially when I search for something unrelated and the note matches my search and is highlighted automatically, freezing 1Password.

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited August 2018
    Options

Hi @ivanyv,

Thanks for reporting this. I can reproduce this issue and we're looking into it. Do you know how many characters are in that specific item? My suggestion is not to store them as text within 1Password but as an attachment or split them into multiple Secure Note items. The Secure Notes were never designed to store large amount of textual data.

We haven't done this yet but we will be adding a hard limit of how many characters you can add to a single item in all 1Password apps.

• ivanyv
    ivanyv
    Community Member
    Options

Not how many characters, but it's around 2200 lines. MInd you, on the Mac, it used to work instantly (not sure about the latest version), even editing and searching within the note itself (which doesn't work either on Windows).

I'd rather not store as attachment as it will make things more difficult, so I guess I'll have to split the note.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @ivanyv,

Yep, the macOS version has a better and newer details viewer that can handle the text better, it's something we plan to overhaul on Windows as well but there are a few other reasons why we won't support massive texts as it is problematic on mobile platforms as well. If we can figure out a way to handle them on all platforms, we'll do it.

This discussion has been closed.