new family customer, 1 password only works for one computer, not the others

Options
rotterhuang
rotterhuang
Community Member

i was able to set up 1pw on my macbook using chrome successfully. problem is when we tried to set up on my wife's macbook, it refused to do so. we tried both safari and chrome, tried authorizing it using safari, and it kept giving error. please see attached screenshot (for Safari). both browsers have been set as "default" for sake of testing whether one browser works better than another. but neither worked. please help

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: High Sierra 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:new family customer, 1 password only works for one computer, not the others

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @rotterhuang

Do you have the 1Password 7 for Mac application installed on your wife’s MacBook? The version of the 1Password extension you’ve installed requires that. If you’d rather not have the 1Password application on this computer, or can’t for whatever reason, the 1Password X extension for Chrome and Firefox will allow you to access your 1Password membership without the 1Password application.

Please let me know. :)

Ben

• rotterhuang
    rotterhuang
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben - its the newest version on the App Store that we downloaded yesterday (which i believe is 7). Should we roll back to the X version you mentioned?

• Ben
    Options

That would be one possible solution but it shouldn't be necessary. If you'd like to try that please feel free to do so, but if you'd rather further troubleshoot this issue I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your wife's Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/454103/#Comment_454103
    • Your forum username: rotterhuang

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.