Hide or archive

I have about 10 vaults, and I'd like to be able to hide or archive them. Not just removed them from the All vault search but also completely hide them.
Another option would be to nest vaults. Or lastly tag a whole vault items and transfer it into an archive vault which I ignore in the search.
Any of the above options would be great. Is any of them possible?
This feature I think would be really beneficial for keeping organised for personal, family and business.

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@aharonrossano: I think I would personally use that feature, and that some others would, but I'm not sure I could advocate for it. That would be a great way for more users to get confused and think they've lost data. So for now at least we're sticking with the option to hide individual vaults from the All Vaults view. Can you tell me what about that doesn't work with your particular use case?

• aharonrossano
    aharonrossano
    Community Member

Thanks for the response.
    I create new vaults for new clients / projects, and when I finish I'd like to archive it. Over time without archiving may make a big mess that will become hard to manage, creates clutter in search, hotkeys, lists, etc. I don't want to have to look at old stuff day to day.
    Deleting or removing it completely may mean that later in the future I won't be able to access it if I need to which is not good either. There's no real recommended process for archiving, which you can find in most applications.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@aharonrossano: Ah, that makes sense. I'm not sure that's a typical use case, but certainly something we can take into account as we continue to develop 1Password in the future. Thanks for letting me know! :)

• aharonrossano
    aharonrossano
    Community Member

Personally I think anyone that uses it for work as a freelancer or company would want this feature. if you keep yourself organised, you accumulate a lot of vaults.
    Also the functionality for tagging multiple items no longer exists.

and the 1password X password manager doesn't ignore vaults which are set to be ignored in the osx app.
    so for example, when I go to common sites that I work with many clients, it's very hard to figure out which login is the right one, google, aws, etc.

• @aharonrossano

Also the functionality for tagging multiple items no longer exists.

You can tag multiple items by selecting multiple items and then dragging them to that tag in the sidebar (in 1Password for Mac).

and the 1password X password manager doesn't ignore vaults which are set to be ignored in the osx app.

Please see the instructions I posted here:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/452706/#Comment_452706

Ben

• cbetta
    cbetta
    Community Member

Honestly I think this feature would be useful for anyone, not even those on a business plan.

My main use case is that over time I've collected multiple accounts for some services, for example Google and Twitter. Some of these accounts are temporary (e.g. a Twitter account for an event) and I want to keep the details but I'd like the login option not to appear when I try to log in to my main Twitter account. The ability to archive or hide entries would be super useful for this.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cbetta: Thanks for chiming in! As I mentioned above, you can put items you don't need/want to use normally in a separate vault and then that from the All Vaults view. We can consider adding a way to hide individual items in the future, but I do think that would cause more harm than good. We already regularly get questions from people about "lost" items that turn out they have marked as "never display in browser".

• cbetta
    cbetta
    Community Member

I hear you. I will explore that solution for myself. Tnx.

• cbetta
    cbetta
    Community Member

Actually, is there an easy way to move an item from one vault to another with the web app? I'm using 1password X and don't have the Mac app installed.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018

@cbetta: Ah, good question! If you click the Share [ ↑ ] icon at the top of an item's details in the 1Password.com web interface, you can select Move/Copy and then choose the destination vault:

Also, you can hide vaults in 1Password X as well by going to the vault menu and clicking the "gear" icon:

Cheers! :)

• cbetta
    cbetta
    Community Member

Ah, I didn't try looking there. That looks like a "share" button :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cbetta: That's exactly what it is. :) Sharing in 1Password involves storing things in specific vaults that others can access, so the Move/Copy option is integral to that — if not immediately obvious to everyone.

This discussion has been closed.