2FA for my.1password.com

Options

2FA is not working for my.1password.com. It keeps saying the 6 digit code is not correct. I have deauthorized Chrome (Ver 69.0.3497.32 beta channel) and tried to reauthorize with the same outcome. Safari Tech Preview and Fire Fox 1Password X work fine. I have deauthored them both and was able to sign in again using the same 2FA app (Microsoft Authenticator).

This is something with Chrome specific. All of the browsers are on the same computer, so it's not a time issue. I do use an extension for VPN in chrome that i have tried with it off. Same results.

1Password Version: 7.1 B3
Extension Version: 1.10.0
OS Version: 10.14 Public B6
Sync Type: Family

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Brant W.: I'm not able to reproduce the issue you're describing, but you may want to try the stable version of Chrome. You may also just have some settings in the beta which are interfering. Or they could have a bug. Let me know what you find.

• Brant W.
    Brant W.
    Community Member
    Options

I just tried in incognito mode and it worked fine. Must be an extension that is causing it.

• Brant W.
    Brant W.
    Community Member
    Options

Interesting. If i disable 1Password X browser extension, i'm able to login just fine with my 2FA code. Do you know what would be causing this? I'm running 1.10.0

• Brant W.
    Brant W.
    Community Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

Looks like 1Password X Beta for Chrome has just released 1.10.1. I'm still having the same problem though. It did not fix my issue.

I installed 1Password X 1.9.0 and it worked fine. I was able to login to my 2FA. Something changed in 1Password X Beta version 1.10.0

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Brant W.: Thanks for the additional details. Can you let me know the setup you're using now, if you're still seeing this issue? For example, are you only having trouble using the two-factor authentication with Chrome beta in the macOS Mohave beta? Does it work normally in incognito more, or if you use a stable OS/browser?

• Brant W.
    Brant W.
    Community Member
    Options

Seems to be fixed now. At first, it still was not working. The 2FA pin would not be accepted. It would work in incognito mode. I deauthorized all my chrome logins and tried again. I was able to log in using 2FA without 1 Password X installed, with 1.10.0 installed, and with the 1.10.3 beta installed. Not sure what the cause was, but it is working now. I'm running Chrome beta 69.0.3497.42 currently.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Brant W.: Thanks for the update. I can't explain it, so I don't think we can take credit for it, but I'm glad it's working for you again in the current version of 1Password X. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.