How do I get logins to appear on my iPad Mini?

Stu707
Stu707
Community Member

I have had mixed success in installing 1Password 7.0.7 on my devices. It installed and operates flawlessly on my iMac and iPhone 8. However, I have had problems with my iPad Mini. 1Password does not appear in the Mini’s list of programs. When I tried to use 1P on my Mini from Safari, it did not show any of the stored logins. When I opened 1Password from the desktop icon, the logins showed. But I had to copy the password and paste it in order to log in. Both my devices are running IOS 11.4.1.

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios 11.4.1
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:logins not appearing on ipad Mini

Comments

• Hi @Stu707

Have you installed 1Password on the iPad mini? If not you can do so here:

1Password 7 for iOS - iTunes App Store

Once you've done so you'll want to set up 1Password in Safari:

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Stu707
    Stu707
    Community Member

Hi Ben,
    I have installed 1Password on my iPad Mini. It shows in the dock and on the desktop.

I have installed the 1Password extension on Safari. If I tap the Share button, 1Passoword appears as the first choice.

When I go to a site that has a stored login, it does not appear when I open the Safari extension, none of the stored logins appear. As I mentioned above, I can open 1Password from the desktop or dock icon and all of the stored icons are there. But I must copy and paste the password.

• @Stu707

Do your logins all have website fields that correspond with the URLs of their respective websites? e.x. for your Gmail login do you have website fields for https://accounts.google.com and https://gmail.com ?

Please let me know. Thanks.

Ben

• Stu707
    Stu707
    Community Member

All but one of them have website or sign-in fields.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2018

@Stu707

Can you please check the icon at the top left of the 1Password extension in Safari (while viewing a page that has a login saved) and see if ‘All Vaults’ is selected?

Ben

• Stu707
    Stu707
    Community Member

Ben, Thank you for your interest. When I use the 1Password extension in Safari, it does not show any logins. 'All Vaults' does not show in the upper left of the extension. As I noted above, all of the saved logins are displayed if I open 1Password from the desktop icon.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018

@Stu707: Hmm. I'm not sure we're talking about the same things here then. Could you please take a screenshot of where you're having trouble? To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

• Stu707
    Stu707
    Community Member

• Stu707
    Stu707
    Community Member

Sorry. I cant get the file to load via the suggested button. it takes me to the file. i select it and nothing happens. can you give me an email address?

• Stu707
    Stu707
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

oK. it looks like i got it.

[image removed by staff]

• @Stu707

That screenshot looks just as I’d expect... so I suspect the issue is more a misunderstanding than a technical problem. In the screenshot you provided you’d tap on that first item listed under “Log in using” (next to the “CS” logo) to have 1Password fill your credentials for that page.

Ben

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2018

[image removed by staff]

Ben

• Stu707
    Stu707
    Community Member

OK. Thanks, Ben. It is working now.

• Thanks for the update @Stu707. :)

Ben