Ing Bank

Options

Hi, I recently changed banks to ING in Australia and I don't seem to be able to use 1Password to login. The ING site at https://www.ing.com.au/securebanking/ generates a field for my Client Number which 1Password can fill out but it can't fill out my passcode as the numeric keypad that is generated does not allow it to be pasted in. Instead you have to key the number in using the keypad which also redraws differently each time the page is loaded. Has anyone any idea how to use 1Password in this instance? Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DPSE: There isn't anything 1Password can do to fill it for you, if that's what you mean, as they're making it much more complicated than it needs to be. But disabling autosubmit, either globally or in that specific item, may help by allowing you to submit the form yourself after entering the necessary information. Let me know.

• DPSE
    DPSE
    Community Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

Thank you Brenty. I tried disabling autosubmit for that one entry and it has proved much more workable. Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DPSE: Thanks for letting me know that helped. It can be hard to tell in cases where I don't have a real account to test with. :)

As a side note, I did want to mention that right now it looks like autosubmit will be going away entirely in the near future due to some OS and browser changes. It's a bit of a bummer, but I can't argue with the security reasons for this since it's bad if malware can send keystrokes on the user's behalf the way 1Password does. And frankly your situation is just one example of where autosubmit can get in the way (or just plain go wrong), so I do think it will be for be best long-term, even if it takes a little getting used to for us.

Anyway, I'm glad that did the trick for you. We're here if you need us. :)

This discussion has been closed.