synchronisation by wlan

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

when i synchronise by wlan my iphoneX and my mac the synchronization doesn't stop.On my iPhone it is always running and it says : last synchronizing : never
The synchronisation is Ok but it is always running

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.4.1
Sync Type: WLAN
Referrer: forum-search:when i synchronise by wan my iphoneX and my mac the synchronization doesn't stop and on my iPhone it is always running

Comments

• Susto
    Susto
    Community Member

The same problem happened to me a few days ago: 1Password 7 + Mac + iPhoneX, synch never stops, just keeps going on and on...

In my case the log file in the Mac pointed to a corrupt attachment file as the culprit:

• Found zombie attachment with missing item '232'
    • Exception caught in (/Users/iosdev/onepassword4/ApplicationFrameworks/Frameworks/OnePasswordDatabase/Common/OPDatabase+Private.m:215): *** -[__NSArrayM insertObject:atIndex:]: object cannot be nil

Unfortunately I was unable to pinpoint the vault entry causing this, so I disabled synch in my iPhone, wiped clean 1Password vault and then started anew with a first-time install synch. Everything has worked fine since then, so my recommendation is to make a backup of your Mac vault -just in case- and re-create the pairing between your iPhone and your Mac.

By the way, 1Password customer support won't help you out unless you're using the cloud synch method:

"We are overwhelmed with the support requests at the moment and the the instructions in our WLAN Sync troubleshooting guide (https://support.1password.com/wlan-server-troubleshooting/) are all the troubleshooting we can offer for WLAN sync. I hope for your understanding."

I understand they want all of their customers to use their cloud service but as a paying customer I feel disappointed in this level of support.

Best regards,

Juan Andres

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ingikuga: That does sound odd. If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your device, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine what is happening in your case:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@1password.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#ZMR-29137-199]

If you’re reading this and you are not ingikuga, this Support ID is for ingikuga only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link it to our current conversation. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: ZMR-29137-199

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018

The same problem happened to me a few days ago: 1Password 7 + Mac + iPhoneX, synch never stops, just keeps going on and on... In my case the log file in the Mac pointed to a corrupt attachment file as the culprit:

@Susto: That's really interesting. Have you made changes to your setup on one of the devices recently? For example, getting a new Mac or iPhone? It sounds like you've resolved the issue by syncing the known-good copy of the data back to your other device, but I'd be curious for more details.

By the way, 1Password customer support won't help you out unless you're using the cloud synch method:
    I understand they want all of their customers to use their cloud service but as a paying customer I feel disappointed in this level of support.

I think we'll speak for ourselves, thanks. ;) Anyway, what you're referring to is a support article we have which covers configuration necessary for local sync to function. While there isn't a lot we can do ourselves with local sync issues since it's your network environment, we're more than happy to take a look and point you in the right direction if we can. If you still need help let me know. :)

ref: UBT-17385-625

• daniel110928
    daniel110928
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

I'm also had the same issue with the WLAN Syncing getting stuck with the status message "Synicing…"

Looking at the "Last Sync" date it seems to coincide with the update to the 1P for iOS version 7.1.1 about two weeks ago.

My setup

• MacBook Retina 12 running macOS 10.13.6 with 1P v. 7.0.7
    • iPhone X running iOS 11.4.1 with 1P v. 7.1.1

I did a re-install on iOS and a fresh initial WLAN sync like @Susto and it seems to be working now. 👍

• Glad to hear that seems to have worked. Thanks for letting us know. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.