To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Wanting to buy subscription but....

Options
EB255GTX
EB255GTX
Community Member

Hi support ninjas -

Simply, I have had 1P6 standalone for Win32 and OSX (and iOS) all running fine for years, and I want to upgrade to subscription. I have had this in mind for a while and then out comes 1P7 lookin' all sweet - so I am hooked.

HOWEVER. I got a new work laptop yesterday, so the priority is to get it all up and running on the status quo and THEN upgrade. We all got work do to huh :-)

So, I need to get 1P6 for Win working and sync'd on that machine (home OSX and iOS are fine, nothing has changed) then next wekk i can migrate to subscription and 1P7.

Where can i get 1P6 windows standalone?

Cheers

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1password 6 windows

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@EB255GTX: A "standalone" 1Password for Windows version 6 does not exist, but you can get 1Password 7:

1Password 7 for Windows: The Best Ever

However, I'd discourage you from buying a license if you're planning on moving to a 1Password.com membership anyway, as you'd end up paying a lot extra by getting both. All of the apps are included in the subscription, so it's not necessary to buy a license in that case. It's also fairly easy to migrate to a membership. This guide will take you through signup, moving your data, and setting up all of your devices:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any questions! :)

• EB255GTX
    EB255GTX
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty - thanks, I realise now that my previously extant setup must have been 1Password4 for windows (and 6 on OSX - I just checked!).

The reason I got the version wrong was that I ....kinda didn't pay much attention to the version on my work machine, it just worked until i got a new laptop!

So what i am wanting to do is get back to an "everything works" status at home (done) and work (waiting on 1P4 win download, i already own a license for this) and then with a bit of breathing room, upgrade.

thanks!

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty

Couldn’t @EB255GTX download 1Password 7 for Windows, make an account, then log into that account on their iOS device (since it has all the password also), and once that is done everything should sync to the windows computer using 1Password 7?

Then they can log into the 1Password account on the other devices.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@brenty - thanks, I realise now that my previously extant setup must have been 1Password4 for windows (and 6 on OSX - I just checked!). The reason I got the version wrong was that I ....kinda didn't pay much attention to the version on my work machine, it just worked until i got a new laptop!

@EB255GTX: Hey, I'm sorry the version numbering was a bit confusing there. It's something we're rectifying. :)

So what i am wanting to do is get back to an "everything works" status at home (done) and work (waiting on 1P4 win download, i already own a license for this) and then with a bit of breathing room, upgrade.

Sounds like a good plan. Since you've already got licenses for different platforms, you just need to download the versions you purchased from our update site and apply your licenses:

https://app-updates.agilebits.com

That will allow you to continue to use those and sync your data between devices (probably using Dropbox, since that will work on Windows). Let me know if you have any questions for your current setup, or for moving to a 1Password.com membership whenever you're ready. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@prime: Indeed, that should do the trick. But it sounds like they're not quite ready to move to an account. Either way will be fine though. :)

• EB255GTX
    EB255GTX
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty is on the money - i need to get thru the next week’s work using 1P on all my devices, standalone, dropbox sync, as it was before i had to replace my Win laptop.

Next weekend I’ll invest the time in updating alld evices to 1P7 and 1P.com account sync :-)

Thanks to you and @prime for the help!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@EB255GTX: Yeah I am a man of process myself, so I tend to take things one step at a time like that too. But Prime's suggestion gives you an idea of where you can go from there, and we're here if you have any questions along the way. Cheers! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.