To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Feature Request: Section Reordering Within Items

Options
ethbot
ethbot
Community Member
edited September 2017 in Memberships

Current Behavior:

The only way to do this is by moving each subsection row by row to another section. Sometimes I am unable to move a row from one section to another. No idea why!

Requested Behavior:

A drag handle next to the Section Name that would allow reordering section blocks.

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AskAli
    AskAli
    Community Member
    Options

+1, really want this.

• Hey @ethbot! I just responded to your other thread as well so I wanted to jump in here. :) Being able to order sections is something we've been thinking about so I'll let the team know you asked about it.

ref: OPM-1289

• ethbot
    ethbot
    Community Member
    Options

I saw that, @Jacob! Thanks again. Both of the things I'm asking for would help me a LOT, but hopefully would benefit other users than just myself. Thanks for a great tool.

• No problem at all! :+1:

• Solos
    Solos
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

• ajh0912
    ajh0912
    Community Member
    Options

I really want to see reordering labels and sections implemented, I was surprised it wasn't already.

• @ajh0912: Reordering fields within sections (but not sections themselves) is available on 1Password for Mac (edit the item, then drag fields by the 3 lines to the right of the field) and hope for further improvements. :chuffed:

• ajh0912
    ajh0912
    Community Member
    Options

I don't have a mac, so unfortunately this isn't an option for me

• @ajh0912: I'm a PC gal myself, so I totally understand. Thanks for your feedback and I'll be sure to pass it along. :+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ajh0912: 1Password for Windows version 6 supports reordering custom fields within a section. While editing, select one and press Alt ↑ or Alt ↓. We do want to make dragging possible in the future though. Cheers! :)

• ajh0912
    ajh0912
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty That's just what I was looking for, thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sure thing! We're here if you need anything else. :chuffed: :+1:

• JBR
    JBR
    Community Member
    Options

+1, and implement in the web interface please!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know that's a feature you'd like us to add in the future. :)

This discussion has been closed.