Unable to purchase Licence

I've upgraded to the 30 day trial of 1Password 7. Now that the trial is over, when I use 1Password, it tells me my trial has ended and suggests either a subscription or a licence. Since I'm not a big fan of subscription based services, I want to purchase the licence. When I click on the "Need a licence? We have those too." option, I get presented with the $49.99 single user licence. When i click that option, i get a "1Password Account Frozen" popup which requests I update my Billing Information.

So far so good, but when trying to update said Billing Information to purchase the $49.99 licence, I only get presented with a form to enter my CC details and two choices Annual/Monthly subscription, there is no more $49.99 licence I can select.

Can you tell me how I can purchase the $49.99 licence instead of the subscription ? I have also tried the route of updating the billing information trough the 1Password website instead of the popup, but the same issues, no $49.99 option I can select.

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@Denethor79: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! 1Password ins't going to try to sell you a license if you're signed into an account. Otherwise people with memberships might also buy licenses. That would give us more money, sure, but people buying extra stuff they don't need isn't good for anyone in the long term. If you sign out of the account, the app will give you the option to purchase the license though. Just keep in mind that's only for a specific versions, while a 1Password.com membership includes everything. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Thanks @brenty , signing out seems to do the trick! I was able to purchase the licence. I appreciate the support and the feedback regarding membership, however, it does not match my use case.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Thanks for the update @Denethor79. :)

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file