No upgrade?

Options
LakeDaisy
LakeDaisy
Community Member

I just found there is a new version of 1Password. I have V6. Looks like there isn't an upgrade to V7. Only a new purchase. Is this correct? I also have 1Password on my iphone. Do I need to buy a new purchase for it was well?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@LakeDaisy: We've made 1Password 7 available for a discounted launch special. You can find more details here:

1Password 7 for Mac: The Best Ever

Each of the individual versions is a separate purchase, or you can get all of them as part of a 1Password.com membership, where you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• LakeDaisy
    LakeDaisy
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I clicked on the discounted launch special, but nothing happens

• LakeDaisy
    LakeDaisy
    Community Member
    Options

Okay brenty is see the ad is the link for the discounted launch special. where do I find the pricing for the monthly plan for a family of 2 and a family of 3 or maybe 4? thank you

• LakeDaisy
    LakeDaisy
    Community Member
    Options

Okay... Could this be any more complicated? I downloaded V7. Trying the monthly subscription. It's working on one of my Mac's. Went to another Mac and used the link I was sent. This Mac says I'm in the Trial mode and still has V6. Guess V7 won't load on another Mac until I pay. Haven't found how to pay yet. Don't know what version is on my iphone (it's been on the phone forever) as I can't find the version # or how to upgrade my phone to the new?? iphone app. Any suggestions? Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@LakeDaisy -- I'm sorry for the trouble you're having just now.

Went to another Mac and used the link I was sent.

Please don't post the link in this public forum, but I'm not quite sure what you mean by this? What link? Once you've created a 1password.com account, all you need to do on other devices is sign in, within your existing 1Password application.

Guess V7 won't load on another Mac until I pay.

No, 1Password 7 for Mac should work just fine on as many Macs OR PCs as you have, with a trial subscription (which is what all subscriptions are for the first 30 days: free).

Don't know what version is on my iphone (it's been on the phone forever) as I can't find the version #...

If it's been a really long time, you might have version 3. I hope not, because that one is truly difficult to upgrade from at this point. More likely it's a newer version, but you should be able to tell by opening Settings and scrolling down. Under "Review 1Password," you should see some smaller writing in gray that contains your version number. Do you see that?

• LakeDaisy
    LakeDaisy
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. The problem is the other Mac is too old and won't install the current OS so V7 won't install. Using your instructions, I found I have V7 on my phone.

Can I uninstall V7 and reinstall V6? I see there in a V6.zip file in my application folder. Are there instructions somewhere about uninstalling V7 and reinstalling V6? Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@LakeDaisy: Yep! Just drag the app to the Trash (DO NOT use a "cleaner" app!), restart your Mac, and then grab version 6 from our update site. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.