"Database Backup Failed"

Pete Siemsen
Pete Siemsen
Community Member

The attached screenshot says it all. What is my next step?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Pete Siemsen sorry for the trouble! That's a 1Password 3 for Mac window, however -- at this point, I think it'd be best for us to have a closer look at what's going on with your 1Password for Mac setup. To do that, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#IWF-22775-868]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for Pete Siemsen only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: IWF-22775-868

• Pete Siemsen
    Pete Siemsen
    Community Member

Just checking... did you receive my email?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Pete Siemsen yep! That's usually later than I'm here on a Friday, but we did indeed receive it; be with you shortly. :)

• tesmi
    tesmi
    Community Member

I have the same issue. With the exact same dialog. Did you find a fix to this issue?

• Hi @tesmi

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/460206/#Comment_460206
    • Your forum username: tesmi

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• tesmi
    tesmi
    Community Member

Hello,

I've now sent the report. =)

• Thanks @tesmi. I’m not seeing your report in our inbox. What support ID did you get back from BitBot?

Ben

• tesmi
    tesmi
    Community Member

I got a support ID that looks like this: #AXY-89354-881

• tesmi
    tesmi
    Community Member

Oh, and one more thing I could mention: I'm running Mojave Beta on the computer I ran the diagnostics on, but the same dialog also appears on my laptop which is running High Sierra. They are using the same vault.

• Thanks @tesmi. We’ll be in touch shortly. :)

Ben

ref: AXY-89354-881

• tesmi
    tesmi
    Community Member

I followed your instructions on how to recreate the Primary vault. Now I get a new error:

• @tesmi

Could you please create and send an updated diagnostics report?

Thanks.

Ben

• tesmi
    tesmi
    Community Member

@Ben Here's the new support ID for the diagnostics report: #RQI-15535-215

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2018

@tesmi

Is it possible you’re using 1Password 3, or that it is running, and seeing this error message there? I noticed you have two versions of 1Password installed:
    1Password Version: 7.2.BETA-1 at /Applications/1Password 7.app
    1Password Version: 3.8.21 at /Users/tstm/Library/Application Support/1Password/Agent/1PasswordAgent.app

The latter should really be deleted at this point. 1Password 3 has been end-of-life for some time now.

Ben

• tesmi
    tesmi
    Community Member

This seems to have fixed the issue. I wonder why that old version has been left there? I've done nothing particularly special. Just upgraded 1Password whenever a new version has been available.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@tesmi - we've seen this before, but rarely. The only time it occurs is if you're still using a Mac that you had previously been using 1Password 3 for Mac on. The upgrade from version 3 to version 4 back in the day was not always as adept at cleanup as we are today, so sometimes the 1PasswordAgent from version 3 could remain behind. If you're still using a Mac that is old enough that you had been using 1Password 3 for Mac on it in the past (or you had preserved a backup of a hard drive from such a Mac and restored it entirely onto a new Mac), then this could potentially be you. I'd also remove (if it exists) the following:

• In Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder, then copy and paste the following in the pop-up:~/Library/LaunchAgents
    • Delete ws.agile.1PasswordAgent.plist

But that should be the end of it. I'm not sure why 1Password 7 for Mac is causing this long-dormant remnant to pretend it needs to make a backup, but removing these two files (the Agent you already removed and this one) should take care of it. Let us know if you have any further issues, otherwise have a great rest of your week! :)

This discussion has been closed.