Since 7.1, the font in Secure Notes on my iPhone is too small. How do I increase the font size?

Options
rskorbas1
rskorbas1
Community Member

After updating to 7.1 all of my Secure Notes are now in a font that is too small. How can I increase the font size?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Since 7.1, the font in Secure Notes on my iPhone is too small. How do I increase the font size?

Comments

• Furzul
    Furzul
    Community Member
    Options

I agree, it is now very small. Is there a way to increase the size?

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

Thanks for the feedback. This isn’t adjustable but increasing the font size is definitely something we can consider. Thanks.

Ben

• dannyt
    dannyt
    Community Member
    Options

Yep, way too small. Please include a way to increase size.

• Phil7
    Phil7
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

For me too, it is now too small. It's not comfortable.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback folks. I will be discussing this with development to see what the plan is.

Ben

• bamodeo
    bamodeo
    Community Member
    Options

Please bring back the old font size and bigger icons. Very difficult to use now. I have to put my readers on just to use now and open a record to see it. This may end up a dealbreaker in my love for 1Password!!

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Add me to the request to return the font to its previous size. (Was the change somehow related to allowing Markdown formatting?)

• mac1
    mac1
    Community Member
    Options

For me too, it is now too small. It's not comfortable:(. Some mistakes have serious consequences-this mistakes will cost us a lot of work:(.
    Please include a way to increase size:)!

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks.

Development has confirmed that we will be improving this (along with some other improvements to markdown rendering). I don't know what release these improvements will be in at this point but it is something development is aware of and plans to address.

Ben

• v1sionary
    v1sionary
    Community Member
    Options

Customer was previously on 1Password 4 for Windows + current iOS release (v.7.1.1) for iPhone/iPad and switched platforms for primary computer and is now on a MacBook Pro with 1Password 7 and the same iOS releases. Since switching to 1Password 7, user has discovered that his "Notes" field has a much smaller font size than the other fields on the screen. Note user is using a larger than standard Text size on their iOS devices (selected in Settings->Display & Brightness) and all other fields on the screen show up with larger text size but the "notes" field in 1Password does not and is difficult for user to read (with older eyes). Please advise.

1Password Version: 7.0.7
    Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
    OS Version: macOS 10.13.6
    Sync Type: iCloud

• Ben
    Options

Hi @v1sionary

I’ve merged your thread with another on the same subject. Please see above. :)

Ben

• nyucla
    nyucla
    Community Member
    Options

Ben - Please add an option to increase the font size in notes - since the lat update it's illegible it's so small! Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

@nyucla,

Please see this post. :)

Ben

• learning curve
    learning curve
    Community Member
    Options

i echo the requests and go further . Please make adjustable type available throughout the program -- those of us with aging eyes (who --me?) often need to be able to make type bigger. thanks for considering it.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2018
    Options

Hi @learning curve

Thanks for the suggestion. Font sizing in apps is relatively rare because the operating system itself supports this. Have you considered using the iOS accessibility features to increase font size?

Change the font size on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Ben

• Achill3s69
    Achill3s69
    Community Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

I echo these requests. Since the last update, the font is now extremely too small. Please give us a way to increase it OR please return it to the size it was prior to the last update. The previous font size was perfect.

Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @Achill3s69. We do hope to improve this.

Ben

• Alanxb1x
    Alanxb1x
    Community Member
    Options

Using the accessibility settings appears to make no difference to the text inside the notes section which is way to small.
    I echo all previous posts. Looking forward to the update.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @Alanxb1x. You're correct: at present, unfortunately, does appear that at present the accessibility option doesn't affect the text in Secure Notes. I'll suggest to our development team that we add that.

Ben

• Rickyt
    Rickyt
    Community Member
    Options

I use notes a lot I am disabled and vision is not to good struggle to read notes now...please fix this so we can make them bigger
    thank you

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback @Rickyt. We definitely want to do better here.

Ben

• MikDev
    MikDev
    Community Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hi Ben
    Absolutely agree as well - my eysight is not so good anymore. I've just upgraded to v 7.1.1 and realized that my previous Version 6.8.9 was WAY MORE readable, also because we had the possibility of the second bigger view option (View > Item List Layout > Top)

=> if it is too difficult to factor in a change Font size option, just bring back the second view from Version 6
    +1 on bringing back View > Item List Layout > Top

Thanx for listening and keep in mind that we're all getting older ;-)

• Hi @MikDev

We do plan to increase the visibility of the font, but have decided against bringing "top view" back. Thanks!

Ben

• MikDev
    MikDev
    Community Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hi Ben
    Thank You very much for your quick response. Good to know that you will resolve the issue with the Font size.

Unfortunate to hear that Agilebits decided against brining the "Top View" back - because if You have hundreds of Logins (in my case nearly a thousand customer Servers) the Top View offers a far superior overview because you have columns (Title / IP-Address / Username / Date) which let's you find the ONE server your are looking for out of the 30 of that particular customer with ease. Actually this is/was ONE of the main advantage of 1P over its competitors. It's like if the Finder only had one view to choose from, that would be silly, wouldn't it ?

Sadly I see this a lot these days, that young developers seems not to pay attention to this details, and in turn alienate their longstanding customers - for which reason exactly ?
    Who knows, maybe we should start a petition to Dave Taere ;-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MikDev: You're making some pretty big assumptions about the age of our developers. I guess that's a compliment? :tongue: I'm pretty much the same age as Dave, and I don't believe either of us have used Top View/List View for years now. Search is just too convenient to pass up. :)

Anyway, this is the iOS category of the forum, so I'm not sure why we're arguing about a feature of a legacy Mac app. Roughly a half dozen people weighed in on this in a discussion in the Mac category back when 1Password 7 was released, if you're interested.

• MikDev
    MikDev
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty
    Thanx for Your comments - Oops my fault - I'll head over to the Mac Discussion then. But regarding the size & age: It totally depends on which Screen size one is using. On the 32" no Problem on the new MBP 2018 15" it's just too darn small. I can see You're wearing Glasses, I'll have to wear some too with the new Version, and it feels great not to have to ;-)

• :+1:

Ben

• For those of you commenting on the font size for the secure notes in 1Password for iOS 7.1, this will be addressed in 7.2.

The font size will be based on your dynamic type setting in Settings.app -> General -> Accessibility -> Larger Text.

• fbecker
    fbecker
    Community Member
    Options

Would it also be possible set up notes so that screen can be rotated and zoom feature is enabled. Thank you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I suppose it may be possible, but since 1Password isn't a general purpose note-taking application we don't get a lot of requests like this. So it isn't, at least at this time, going to be a high priority.

This discussion has been closed.