Mini App opens from menu bar on non-password sites

Options
eltel
eltel
Community Member

If 1PW is locked the Mini App will sometimes open from the menu bar icon on sites that have no 1PW login. I then have to login to 1PW and log out to stop it. Safari or Chrome.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.2
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@eltel - thoughts? Unfortunately not, just from your description. How are you getting to these sites? Typing in the URL? Clicking on a bookmark or link? Something else? And why would you have to sign into 1Password to do this? Can you elaborate a bit about the exact conditions under which this happens?

• eltel
    eltel
    Community Member
    Options

These are various sites accessed either via Google search or from bookmarks. I don’t have to sign in to 1PW to do this. There is no pattern. bbc.co.uk for example.

In summary, I can be browsing a site on which there is no login requirement and therefore there is no data stored in 1PW, and 1PW is locked but the mini app randomly opens from the menu bar in the locked state, i.e asking for the master password.

If I close the app it will reopen when moving around a site. If I then login to 1PW either from the main app or the mini app and then exit/lock it, the problem stops on the current site. It will then reoccur again on other sites.

If 1PW is unlocked it doesn’t happen.

Thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@eltel - the first thing I'd do is restart your Mac, if you haven't done that in a while. The next thing would be to wonder whether you may be inadvertently invoking 1Password via its shortcuts -- have you changed them, or left them at the default? In either case, could you be accidentally triggering this as you move around sites? 1Password shouldn't - and doesn't - just randomly pop up on sites for which you have no saved item, unless you invoke it.

This discussion has been closed.