Disallow password change for team members in shared vaults possible?

Options

Hi,

in our company we use 1Password for Teams.
We have stored several Logins in our shared vault and other custom shared vaults e.g. "Sales Team".
Now the problem is that sometimes an "inattentive" user overwrites an existing password with an old one or another one by mistake in this shared vaults.
So my question is if it's possible that i can configure 1password that way that for several vaults just the owner or administrator of the vault can add, change, delete passwords and team members are just allowed to view?

1Password Version: Team Version, Several Clients
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Disallow password change for team members in shared vaults possible?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hanskalk: You've got two good options that will help: read-only access to the shared vault, or item history. 1Password Business allows you to set permissions by group as well. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• hanskalk
    hanskalk
    Community Member
    Options

hi @brenty , thanks for your answer.

So here is what i tried:
    Set read-only access to shared vault for user group "Team member"

But now 1Password doesn't update these passwords to the server, showing error message 101!

I have to clarify that I am Administrator and Owner.
    I changed it using my Mac Client:

But on the website changes do not apply:

So I think it does not work as it should be.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hanskalk - I have to ask: did you restart 1Password for Mac as well as your browser, just to make sure? If not, give that a try and see if you're able to get those changes to sync. Another question for you would be: did you explicitly add yourself (or the Owners or Administrators) group into the Shared vault as people who can edit the contents? Typically, the Shared vault has only Team Members (since that's everyone but guests) allowed into it, but Admins and Owners are only listed as "Manage" permissions. If you remove Team Members' ability to edit items, you have to add other people explicitly by either individual or group.

This discussion has been closed.