I have 1 password for teams but team members 1 password shows as read only despite being authorised

Raydaw
Raydaw
Community Member

I recently purchased teams having used 1Password for years. However, I set it up on husbands machine having downloaded the software. We have gone though recovery procedure (I thought we had done something wrong) and my system says he is active. However, when he tried to save a password it says 1Password is read only. Why?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:where is the help file. I'm new to teams and my team members 1password shows as read only

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @Raydaw! Sorry for the trouble you're experiencing just now with getting 1Password set up on your husband's computer. Unfortunately, without a little more information, it's going to be difficult to say exactly what might be wrong, and how we might make it right. Can you tell us what kind of computer your husband is using, and what version of OS he has on it -- as well as what version of 1Password? That'll do for a start. Thanks in advance. :)

• Raydaw
    Raydaw
    Community Member

He's using a PC with Windows 10 updated with all recent updates. 1Password for teams latest download (I can't find a version number anywhere). It's quite frustrating to have to use a forum and not have a help file!

• Raydaw
    Raydaw
    Community Member

1Password version I have is 7.2.576 - same on his machine.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Raydaw: I'm not sure what you mean by "help file", but you can contact us via email at business@1password.com instead. You'll need to have the correct permissions in order to make changes to any vault:

Create, share, and manage vaults in your team

If you're still having trouble, it may be best to reach out via email since we'll need to look at the account and get diagnostic information from you. Let me know what you find!

• @Raydaw

To add to what Brenty said I think the best way to get to the bottom of this is going to be for us to analyze a diagnostics report from your husband's computer. That should give us some indication of the details that we need to troubleshoot further. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from the Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/94553/
    • Your forum username: Raydaw

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• Raydaw
    Raydaw
    Community Member

This is crazy. Both my husband and I are very IT savvy but neither of us can get this to work. When we go into Help there is no link to generate a report. If we search for generate diagnostics it brings up the instructions as above where on earth do we find the generation tool?

I'm ready to give up and cancel subscription. Such a shame as I used to love the 1Password system but Teams is a nightmare - as is your help system.

We can log into his 1Password account and see his vaults but when we go to save a password it says his account is read only.

I will email you now so you can reply with detailed instructions to our email address - and that's the last chance 1Password gets from us as it's a complete waste of valuable time at present.

• Thanks @Raydaw. I'll review your email and be in touch shortly.

Ben

ref: PML-41545-727

This discussion has been closed.