Version 7.2.576 is very slow reacting [Wait a minute after unlocking 1Password for sync to finish]

Options
AMu
AMu
Community Member
edited August 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

To get the passwords or searching between the different items is very slow after the update.

_1Password Version: Version 7.2.576
_Extension Version: Not Provided
_OS Version: Windows 10 Home
_Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @AMu,

Thanks for reporting this. Are you seeing this only after unlocking 1Password?

If you unlock 1Password, wait about 2-3 minutes for any sync to be done and then use 1Password, does it seem to perform at normal speed?

• AMu
    AMu
    Community Member
    Options

Yes that works.
    But after a shutdownt it takes again a lot of time to be quick again.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Amu,

It'll happen every time you unlock 1Password since 1Password starts it sync after 10 seconds, not just a shutdown.

This is likely a threading issue we're investigating to fix soon.

• AMu
    AMu
    Community Member
    Options

Oke, thank you

• MikeT
    Options

Thanks for your patience while we fix this.

• AMu
    AMu
    Community Member
    Options

When is it gonna be fixed?
    It is becoming very annoying and irritating.

• We don't have a timeframe, this is the main focus for the next update but the changes we're making is extensive, it requires a lot of changes that needs to be tested before we can ship it.

• AMu
    AMu
    Community Member
    Options

I saw suggestions to downgrade to 7.1. Do you think this is a good solution? Where would I find version 7.1?

• countach
    countach
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem on Windows 10 that it freezes when started up for some minutes. But can it really be synching? I'm using Dropbox synching, so in theory synching is not something 1password controls.

Also, every time I restart my computer I get a little dialog indicating 1password has crashed. I can restart 1password, but still.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AMu,

If it is getting really annoying, try uninstalling 1Password 7.2 and install 1Password 7.1 from here. Also, you will need to turn off automatic updates for now, until 7.3 is available. It can be done in Settings > Update. Let us know if it works better.

@countach: It sounds like you bumped into the same performance issue in 7.2. As for the crashes, do you have Microsoft Edge selected as the default browser of your system? If you do, please try to change it, reboot, and check if the crashes remain. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• AMu
    AMu
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, 7.1 works much quicker

• Hi @Amu,

We've just shipped 7.2.580 stable update right now, give it a try and let us know if it works better for you.

• AMu
    AMu
    Community Member
    Options

Just installed and works good on firefox 62.0.2 (64 bits)
    Thanks for alerting

• You're welcome, I'm glad it helps a bit. We're still working on larger optimizations for the upcoming 1Password 7.3 update, so you should expect more performance improvements.

This discussion has been closed.