To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

The secret key for my account is impossible for me to find. I don't think I have one.

3.6.0.BETA-40

I use an iCloud vault. Have had 1Password for many years.

Can't get to a secret key by following your instructions via setting as I don't have an account to refer to

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:The secret key for my account is impossible for me to find. I don't think I have one.

Comments

• fabrice_charles
    fabrice_charles
    Community Member

@williamschobert : You'd only have a Secret Key if you have a 1Password membership, or you belong to a family or team account. So because you don't have an account, I assume you purchased 1Password as an individual app. If this is true, then you don't have a Secret Key. Hope this helps!

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @williamschobert,

fabrice_charles has it right on the money here. Only people with 1Password membership subscriptions have Secret Keys. You sync your vault with iCloud so you don't have nor need a Secret Key. What were you trying to do that required you to enter a Secret Key?

• williamschobert
    williamschobert
    Community Member

Just to get the account established so I can link all the iCloud based account together. I started with 1password when it was in it's infancy. I got married and added my wife who frankly asks me to run the app. But I'd like to establish an account proper. So this secret key is necessary. It helps. Everything I can do to automate my wife's experience with the app gets her one step closer to using it regularly and finally remembering her passwords.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

@williamschobert

If you want to sign up for a 1Password membership, you can do so over at https://1password.com/sign-up/. You can then follow our Migration Guide to move your data to the new membership.

If all you want to do, however, is link your devices to your iCloud synced vault, a membership is not necessary. You should be able to choose the iCloud option on the Welcome Screen seen when you open up 1Password and link your devices that way.

ref: BED-99878-741

This discussion has been closed.