Ctrl + Shift + C doesnt work in 1Pass mini

Options
tvachon
tvachon
Community Member
edited August 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi there,

I want to use the keyboard shortcut to copy a password. Ignoring the UX difference of the modal (windows) vs direct copy (macOS), it never works in 1Pass mini.

The key combo always works in the 1Pass app, but never mini regardless if its invoked via ctrl + alt + \ or in the browser via ctrl + \

1Password Version: 7.2.576
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: Windows 10 1803 - Build 17134.191
Sync Type: 1Password Teams

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @tvachon,

Thanks for writing in.

That shortcut is not implemented for 1Password mini on Windows, it only works in the main interface. We will add that shortcut in a future update.

For now, you can use Shift + F10 shortcut to bring up the context menu to copy the specific value you need.

Just to be clear, are you using this because Control + \ isn't filling your data in? It should work the same way as macOS does.

• tvachon
    tvachon
    Community Member
    Options

Yea, I jsut found your KB about that. Its SERIOUSLY disappointing as Mac has had this forever and its part of my workflow. @MikeT my main use is non-browser or overlapping web domain logins.

For instance on ConEmu, I want to grab a sudo password or the like from 1Password, I can do it on mac with the global shortcut and "cmd + shift + c" on 1pass mini, but this just is missing on Windows.

The F-keys option isnt ideal here either because in any modern laptop, you have to turn on Fn's which again isnt the same as the Mac client

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @tvachon,

I understand and we're doing our best to improve the Windows version to get it on par with the macOS version but it will take time, the macOS version has several years of development ahead of us when we've just started a new codebase with 1Password 6 almost two years ago.

The F-keys option isnt ideal here either because in any modern laptop, you have to turn on Fn's which again isnt the same as the Mac client

Check to see if you have a shortcut key on your keyboard, it looks like this:

If yes, use that, it's the same as Shift + F10, which is the keyboard shortcut for right-clicking on selected item, it's not our shortcut, it's a built-in Windows shortcut.

• tvachon
    tvachon
    Community Member
    Options

I do, but it doesnt work the same. It brings up a cut/copy/paste modal where only paste is enabled. It doesnt act the same as shift + F10

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @tvachon,

Make sure you select the item (blue background) before pressing it, if you don't, it'll only bring up context menu in the search field, which is empty and shows cut/copy/paste.

• MikeT
    Options

Try tabbing to the item list before selecting the item, that may be the issue with shortcut key instead of Shift + F10.

• tvachon
    tvachon
    Community Member
    Options

Yup, the tab works

• MikeT
    Options

We'll see if we can remove the need for the tab with that menu key, it is supposed to reuse the same code as Shift+F10.

• tvachon
    tvachon
    Community Member
    Options

That would be awesome, it with auto-type it might be as good as mac

• MikeT
    Options

Yep, that's the plan for the Suggested Items as well when we implement auto-type; it'll bring up your Login items for the app, any other items you link to that specific app like a server item for your ConEmu app to fill your ssh info if you wish.

This discussion has been closed.