Feedback on app user interface with 2FA

Federico
Federico
Community Member

I started using 1password recently.
I set it up with all possible security features, including 2FA and app pin.

I have a problem due to the way the two features interact.

If I try to log in on my phone, I insert my password, then I have to open my 2FA app to read the code and then:
1. I have first to insert the pin. this would not be a problem if at the same time 1password wouldn't
2. prevent me from pasting the 2FA code, forcing me to memorize it, even if for a short time.

Can you please allow pasting of the 2FA code?

Note: the first time I wrongly pasted it in the pin field, so I know I have it in memory/clipboard, but paste would not work once the correct field is shown on the screen.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Federico,

I can see where that would be a bit of a pain. We've designed the 2FA prompt so that you should be able to paste into it. I attempted to reproduce the issue you described above on my end, but I'm able to paste the MFA code successfully in each of my attempts. Could you provide me with the following additional details?

1. What version of 1Password is running on your Android device?
    2. Which device and OS version do you have?
    3. Which app are you using to store your MFA code?

I'm hoping that there's a clue in these details that will help to explain the difference in behaviour.

Cheers,
    Michael

• Federico
    Federico
    Community Member

@mverde thank you for your answer.

App version is 6.8
    On Android 6.0.1 (I know, it's old, but the manufacturer won't update)
    I use Authy version 23.2.6

A few more details: I encountered the problem I described only the first time I logged in on my mobile (until yesterday was also the only one, I seldom need passwords there). I just tried to re-login on my mobile and it did not ask for 2FA, so I would categorize my problem as a minor nuisance.

Thank you again once more.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Do you maybe have other software or settings that are interfering? Like Verde, I'm able to paste there. Very odd.

• Federico
    Federico
    Community Member

@brenty could be some settings, as I tend to block as much as possible on my mobile devices. But as I mentioned, so far I have been asked for my 2FA code only once, so it is definitely not that much of a problem, I can live with it. Sorry.

• Thanks for the update @Federico. Please let us know if you have trouble with this again. :)

• BionicD
    BionicD
    Community Member

I'm a staunch supporter of 2FA. My question is directed specifically at FIDO-U2F, Using a Token. (e.g. YubiKey NEO, USB + NFC (For mobile). Will my FIDO U2F device work with 1Password?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@BionicD: This discussion is about using 1Password to generate authenticator codes for logging into accounts. 1Password does not support hardware tokens, but some are supported by Duo, which 1Password Teams and Business accounts can use. And all 1Password.com memberships support our native two-factor authentication.

This discussion has been closed.