To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Standalone user to convert to subscription - login exists but no secret key ?

Options
y24jds
y24jds
Community Member

I'm sure you are so tired of answering these types of questions - but I will pay yearly for this service if I can only get subscribed successfully.

Situation:
I've used standalone on a couple of macs I own for years using dropbox sync. I got 1password free when purchasing an upgrade to Paralells Desktop
I have to start using Windows as well so I want to download the product there and convert my macs to a membership account
I see your FAQ pages and think I get the gist of the procedure, BUT
When I try to do the "SignUp" process and put my email address, it says that an account with that email already exists
So I try to signin but it wants the secret key.
I found old emails in March of this year where I think I signed up for a trial but just let it expire and kept on using the standalone on my macs. I'm assuming that I was confused during that process and have no idea what happened to my secret key or emergency kit, etc.. and searching my gmail inbox isn't giving me any more information.

I think what I need to have done is to delete my account that I had signed up for in March and just sort of start over, signup for the account again and get that established, follow procedures on how to convert my existing 1password standalone to an account one, migrate the data, etc.. get it on my windows machine and I"ll be good to go.

Is that the right procedure for me? How do I get my original account deleted so I can re-use that email address in setting up a new account? Thanks...

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @y24jds

Yep, that would be the way to go about things. We can't do that here, though. Dealing with private information means that we have to do it over email rather than this public forum. What I would like you to do is send an email to support@1password.com with your username, a link to this thread and a brief description of the problem. You will get a response from BitBot with your Support ID. Come back here and give us that ID so we can locate your email and someone will be right with you.

• y24jds
    y24jds
    Community Member
    Options

Hi - just submitted to that email per your request. The tracking number is: [#KFT-22282-131]

Thanks for the assistance....

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @y24jds. We will be right with you.

ref: KFT-22282-131

This discussion has been closed.