Failed Insecure Login Warning

Hi,

Turning on my PC this morning, I received a Windows 10 popup stating that there had been a failed insecure login to my 1Password and that I was to check my logs for more information. Where can I find these logs? And is this something which I should be concerned about?

Best,

Aonghus

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Aonghus,

Thank you for reaching out!

We do inform customers about compromised logins in their 1Password vaults, but it doesn't sound like you've received that popup from 1Password. Did you by any chance make a screenshot of that popup? It would be really helpful.

Additionally, please let me know the exact version of 1Password you are using on your computer. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• Aonghus
    Aonghus
    Community Member

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to grab a screenshot - Windows 10 whisks it's notifications away quickly. From what I recall, the notification seemed to be from 1Password and it appeared to me to be referring to a login attempt for 1Password itself from an insecure location. Does that make any sense to you?

I'm using version 7.1.567.

Best,

Aonghus

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Aonghus,

If you sign in to your account from an unknown IP or location, we send an email about it. Is it possible that you have seen a Windows Mail notification about the email you received from us? Please check your inbox and let me know what you find. Thanks! :+1:

• Aonghus
    Aonghus
    Community Member

Hi @Greg,

I don't think that's it (I don't use Windows Mail, nor did I receive any such email). Could it be because I'm using a commercial VPN - Freedome?

Best,

Aonghus

• Hi @Aonghus,

If you sign in from a different location like a VPN, it may trigger an incorrect authentication error within the main 1Password app but should be resolved on its own.

You can check your list of authorized devices to see if there's anything you don't recognize and revoke access to it, sign in to your account at https://my.1password.com/profile to see the list. You may need to click on your account name on top right to select My Profile.

• Aonghus
    Aonghus
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT,

Thank you. I have checked there and there's nothing untoward. If my issue reappears, I'll try to nab a screenshot.

Best,

Aonghus

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Aonghus,

Thank you for checking! The screenshot of that popup will be really helpful.

In the meantime, please let me know if there is anything else we can help you with. We are always here for you. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• Aonghus
    Aonghus
    Community Member

Hi @Greg

One other question I had was in relation to what occurred yesterday when I changed my Secret Key. I then had to use it on all of my devices, but it appeared that, at least on my iOS devices, that I could access the local copy of my vault without needing to input the new Secret Key. Is that behaviour correct?

Best,

Aonghus

• MikeT
    edited August 2018

Hi @Aonghus,

Do you have a Mac that you recently updated the secret key on?

It should've prompted you to sign in again on the iOS device but if you already did it on macOS, your iCloud keychain was used to update your secret key automatically for you.

This discussion has been closed.