No secret key 1password on other computer

Options
Dansedurapace
Dansedurapace
Community Member

Hi,

I'm French so i apologize for my english and i'm sorry if you don't understand everything. I'm doing my best ^^

I have got 1password, i download the app on the App store, so i don't have a secret key.
My App on my mac is fine and i can login easily but i want to install 1password on my other computer (Window) and i don't know how to do it without a secret key.

On my mac i don't have an account in " preference" and i don't have any detail to register an account.
How can i do ?

Thank you !

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Dansedurapace! No worries on the French; we do have a couple of native French speakers here, if we need to bring them into the conversation.

If you purchased 1Password for Mac previously from the Mac App Store, it would have been only for Macs. You would need either a license for 1Password 7 for Windows also OR you can create a 1password.com account (membership), which would have the Secret Key and probably be less expensive over time if you use both Mac and PC. There are other benefits as well to a 1Password membership. Hope that helps! :)

• Dansedurapace
    Dansedurapace
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you It is very clear ! :) my problem is solve so :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Dansedurapace - excellent! I'm glad I was able to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.