icon in toolbar isn't working-put in a new password + the window to save the password didn't show up

jillmichelle
jillmichelle
Community Member

I have the little "i" add on added on chrome. The add on was working and now it isn't. I just typed in a new password to a new site that 1Password doesn't have yet and the window did not pop up. I am signed in to my 1Password account. I'm not sure what is going on. Please help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Sierra
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:icon in toolbar isn't working-put in a new password + the window to save the password didn't show up

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @jillmichelle!

I have the little "i" add on added on chrome.

I'm not sure what this means. I think you might be referring to 1Password's extension for Chrome, but without a little more specific information, it will be difficult to assist. Can you please click the three vertical dots at the right of Chrome's URL bar, then choose More Tools > Extensions and let me know what version of 1Password extension you're using. And also please let me know what version of macOS, of Chrome, and of 1Password you're using. Thanks! :)

• jillmichelle
    jillmichelle
    Community Member

4.7.2.90 is the version of 1Password.

MacOS Sierra

Google Chrome is up to date
    Version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Not sure how to locate the version of 1Password. I haven't even had it a month if that helps at all.

Many thanks for trying to help me out :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jillmichelle - thanks. :) So, the version of 1Password will be available if you click the 1Password item in your Mac's menubar (on the left), and then "About." But it's not critical for you to do that just now. Can you have a look at 1Password's Preferences > Browsers and see whether Detect new usernames and passwords and offer to save them is checked? If not, that's your answer right there. If it IS already checked, then this may be a website we don't play well with...or it could be a few other things. If you can forward along the URL of the login page that didn't work for you, I can test it myself. Thanks! :)

• jillmichelle
    jillmichelle
    Community Member

I'm not even sure how to get to preferences. I don't see any account settings...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018

@jillmichelle: Does this help?

• jillmichelle
    jillmichelle
    Community Member

Thank you! The box is checked. Here is the URL: https://my.clearme.com/CommunitiesLoginNew

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jillmichelle - thanks. That login page worked perfectly for me, just now, which makes me wonder what might be going on in your specific situation? Do you have another browser you can test this with? Just move the current 1Password item to the trash temporarily (you can always restore it later), and see if entering in the login details manually into that page results in the 1Password extension offering to save. Either Chrome or Safari should be fine for this.

• jillmichelle
    jillmichelle
    Community Member

AND deleting the extension and reinstalling it worked!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you so much!!! Have a wonderful day. jmw

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jillmichelle - you're quite welcome. Sometimes that's all it takes. Glad you're back up and running. :)

This discussion has been closed.