How to install 1Password7 Standalone for Windows

Hi there! I want to purchase and install a fresh standalone version of 1Password7 for my Windows10 machine (not using a former existing vault).
This happens to be pretty complicated!

I tried downloading the installer for windows (1PasswordSetup-7.2.576.exe) but wasn´t able to setup a standalone vault without using an existing vault either on a local instance or dropbox. The third option wants me to sign on to 1Password.com and use the cloud-version - what isn´t what i want. I am looking explicitly for a local, selfcontained vault like it was available in 1Pw4 for a single payed licence.

Please help me out here and guide me trough the steps i have to take to make this happen (installation & licence purchase).

Thanks a lot and best regards
Max

1Password Version: 1Password7.2 for Windows
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Katza,

Thanks for writing in.

Go to the 1Password menu > Purchase License... and then click on the blue link below the green button to get the license.

Once you add a license, you'll see the option show up immediately on the front page.

• Katza
    Katza
    Community Member

Hi Mike. Thanks for the quick reply! Youre talking about the app, right? How can i finish the installation process and get to this Point without using one of the prior conditions (sign in to trial cloud account /use existing vault)?

• Hi @katza,

Yes, that's the app and you can always access the 1Password menu anywhere without any conditions. You don't need to sign in at all; open 1Password and go straight to the 1Password menu on top left.

• Katza
    Katza
    Community Member

Awesome thx, that did the trick for me!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@Katza: On behalf of Mike you are very welcome! :+1:

You did the right thing by reaching out to us, so please do not hesitate to do the same in the future. We are always ready to help you with 1Password.

Have a great week!

Cheers,
    Greg

• mtlou
    mtlou
    Community Member

Hi..
    I have a new computer I am trying to set up with the standalone 1password. I already have a license key so I was not able to do it following your instructions listed above. How do I go about doing this?

thanks
    leesa

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mtlou,

Could you please tell me what license do you have now? Is it for 1Password 4 for Windows or 1Password 7?

Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• mtlou
    mtlou
    Community Member

It is 1password 4

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mtlou,

In this case your license does not include 1Password 7 for Windows, the version of 1Password that is discussed in this thread. 1Password 7 for Windows is a paid upgrade for you, so please consider updating:

Upgrade to 1Password 7 for Windows

If you are not ready to upgrade yet, you can download 1Password 4 for Windows here, but please note that this is an old app.

Let me know if you have other questions, we are always here for you. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• mtlou
    mtlou
    Community Member

I’m using 6 on her computer now. It seems to
    Work fine. Is there a link to download that version? How much is the upgrade to 7?

• 1Password 6 for Windows has only ever had very limited support for standalone vaults, @mtlou. I would strongly advise against using it with standalone vaults for that reason. If you're wanting to stick with your standalone vault, you can stick with 1Password 4. Upgrading to 1Password 7 would cost $49.99 at present.

This discussion has been closed.