PC PIN Stops Working

Options

With the PIN option no longer available, I do not remember my Master Password. I can still get on my iPhone with the Face ID, but not Master Password. I have the Secret Key, which seems to do no good for me. What do I do? I am at a halt with over 800 passwords stored in 1Password. This is a disaster for me.

What kind of membership do I have and what difference does it make? I have lots of work to do and I am dead in my tracks.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: unsure
Referrer: forum-search:master password

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @trbaley,

Thanks for writing in.

If you can't remember your master password, the next best option is to create a separate 1Password account and use your iOS device to transfer the data from one account to another account as quickly as possible.

To help you with this, please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report on your iOS device and email it to us at support+forum@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• trbaley
    trbaley
    Community Member
    Options

I have sent the diagnostic report from my iPhone and included in it the URL of this forum thread and my forum name, trbaley.

It seems that what I want to do is clean 1Password off my PC and use my iPhone to set up a new account. Do I have multiple accounts or may I have them? My PC and the iPhone are syncing to Dropbox at the moment. It seems since I have full access via the iPhone, I ought to be able to manipulate the vault I have. I see it sitting there in Dropbox. But everything starts with "Log in to your account...." which I cannot do because I do not have the Master Password..

How do I eliminate 1Password from the PC and then start fresh and how do I create that new account? Your multiple types of 1Password are a marketing nightmare and I am lost.

• trbaley
    trbaley
    Community Member
    Options

From my iPhone I created another account (trial), sync-ed from Primary to Personal with a new Master Password. It was successful.

However, whenever I manually log into a site, it asks for the Master Password to open the original vault to store the new login. How do I get it to store in the new vault only?

I cannot delete the Primary vault from Settings becaue it wants the Primary Master Password that I do not have.

Where is the new Personal vault located? I want the iPhone and the PC to be syncing through it on Dropbox.

From the PC I logged into that. But I seem to have to do that each time I stop and start 1Password on the PC. How do I get rid of all the old stuff and the extra new billing account, now?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @trbaley,

Thank you for the Diagnostics Report and the additional info!

I will take a closer look at your complicated setup, so let's continue our conversation via email. I will send you a reply there as son as possible. Thank you! :+1:

ref: BNF-54419-382

This discussion has been closed.