1Password family license, running 1PW6 -- how to crate vaults and share vaults with family members?

Options
newbay415
newbay415
Community Member

searching for how to create vaults etc. I see instructions for singing in to account on 1password.com, but that requires Secret Key (which I do not have as have license).
Any tips where to find information on how to create and share vaults?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 6 family license, how to crate vaults and share?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @newbay415

Access to 1Password.com and the 1Password membership service requires a membership (subscription). Sharing vaults with your family is part of that service (1Password Families). If you'd like to learn more about the benefits of membership we have a guide on that available here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

If you'd like help transitioning to a membership I'd encourage you to reach out to our sales team at sales@1password.com. :)

A 1Password 6 family license allows you and your family to use 1Password v6 on your Macs but it does not include access to the 1Password Families membership service.

Thanks!

Ben

• simo1P
    simo1P
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Ben,

We have a family license for 1P6 and I want to upgrade to 1P7 but I don't like the membership way at all. How do I upgrade to a family license for version 7 without the membership stuff? I see no way to do this on the web site.

Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @simo1P! The reason you can't find that option on our website is because 1Password Families is now our family option; we no longer sell the older-style family license. To be clear, licenses themselves are still available, but they're sold per-person and per-platform, meaning each person in the family would need his/her own license if you intend to stay with the standalone model. I don't know how large your family is, but even for just two people, at $4.99/mo (if paid annually), a 1Password Families membership becomes less expensive than multiple licenses -- and if you have four or five people, it's not even comparable. You can sign up for a 1Password Families membership at the main 1Password Families sign-up page if you like, or - if you prefer the standalone/license route, there will be an opportunity for each person to purchase a license during the first-run of 1Password 7 for Mac. Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.