Desktop application won't accept correct login credentials on Windows

I just downloaded the 1Password desktop client to my Windows work computer. I am able to login without issue on the chrome extension (Read Only mode) and the web version on this computer. However, when attempting the desktop, this error message is produced: "Your sign-in address, email address, Secret Key, or Master Password is incorrect."

All info except my Master Password was entered via scanned QR code, so those aren't the issues. I have verified that my Master Password is correct multiple times and am still unable to access the site. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program with no luck.

1Password Version: 7.2.576
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: Windos 8.1 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can't log in on desktop windows

Comments

• Hi @sbfurr,

Thanks for writing in.

Do you have any VPN/proxy/firewall or anti-malware solution installed that's not Windows Defender?

If 1Password desktop app doesn't have access to https://1Password.com:443, it may be getting back filtered responses that incorrectly makes 1Password think you don't have valid access.

Note that QR barcode (if saved to disk or printed out) can be outdated if you changed your email address, domain name or secret key. Try signing in to your 1Password.com web app and click on your profile name on top right to select Get the apps and click on the blue button in Step 2 to directly add the details to the Windows app.

If that doesn't work, please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• sbfurr
    sbfurr
    Community Member

Thanks for your response @MikeT. I have just emailed the diagnostic report.

• Thanks, it looks like Kate has replied to your email already.

ref: YCW-34932-351

This discussion has been closed.