To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can't login to my Mac App

mariaka
mariaka
Community Member

Hi Team!

After resetting my password through family recovery I am now able to log into the web app, the Android app but NOT the Mac app with the new password (I can't test with the old password because I forgot it). Help please?

1Password Version: 7.07
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• mariaka
    mariaka
    Community Member

What I tried so far from the Mac app is: Help -> Troubleshooting -> Delete all data. When I try to add my account after deleting all data, it still doesn't let me log in. I tried from the web again to double check, it works there but NOT on the Mac.

• Hi @mariaka

What error do you get when attempting to add your account to your Mac?

Ben

• mariaka
    mariaka
    Community Member

I don't get any error message, the input box "shakes" and indicates it's the wrong password (even though the same pw works on Android and Web like I said)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mariaka: It sounds like you have a local vault setup in 1Password for Mac then. Do you see a vault called Primary? That will be completely separate from your 1Password.com account. You'll need to enter whatever Master Password you setup for that vault in order to unlock it.

• mariaka
    mariaka
    Community Member

From now what I see is only one account that I can add (my membership account) - this is after I deleted all data with the troubleshooting option. Forgot my old password (that's why I did family recovery in the first place).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mariaka: If you are able to access your account through the website and all of your data is there anyway, that's no problem. Just reset the app to start over there, and then sign in to your account to set it up with your data. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• mariaka
    mariaka
    Community Member

I already tried the steps required for MacOs, described in your link:

Open 1Password.
    Choose Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data and follow the onscreen instructions.

But as I described, it doesn't let me log in.
    Or are you referring to something else?

• mariaka
    mariaka
    Community Member

Maybe this helps describe what I mean:

Only my membership URL there and it doesn't like my pw :(

• @mariaka,

I think the best thing here would be if we could get a look at what is happening here. To do so I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/94581/cant-login-to-my-mac-app#latest
    • Your forum username: mariaka

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• mariaka
    mariaka
    Community Member

Hi team,

my support id is: [#PGR-89379-736]

Thanks and hope to hear back soon!

• Thanks @mariaka. I’m reviewing your report now and will be in touch as soon as we’ve been able to get a better idea of what is going on. :)

Ben

ref: PGR-89379-736

• @mariaka

What happens if you log in to the https://my.1password.com website and then use the Get the Apps page ( https://my.1password.com/apps ) to add your account to 1Password, instead of selecting it from the “we found 1 account [...]” screen?

Ben

• mariaka
    mariaka
    Community Member

• Right. Don’t pick your account from that screen. Select the option to log in to a different account, and then scan the QR code from the Get the Apps page, please. :)

Ben

• mariaka
    mariaka
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

Thanks @Ben! I tried the option with different account & scan and that let me in :chuffed: ! May I suggest to add that to the instructions when resetting the account? It was not intuitive/clear to me.

• @mariaka,

I’m glad to hear that helped. This is normally not necessary, and leads me to believe one of two things. Either:

1. You’ve changed your credentials for your account
    2. You have multiple accounts

In the first case I’d recommend printing a new Emergency Kit. You’ll want to do this anytime you change your credentails. But please note that we do not recommend changing your 1Password credentials without reason (i.e. we disagree with the position that it is good hygeine to routinely change credentials).

If that isn’t the case you may have multiple accounts, which I’d suggest investigating further with our sales team ( sales@1password.com ). Certainly we don’t want you to be paying for more accounts than you are using.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.