I reinstalled 1PW 6 after discovering 7 was a paid version, no says "Trial Expired"

Options
deilers
deilers
Community Member

How do I get my paid 1PW 6 working again on my Mac after installing 7 over 6, and reinstalling 6? It is asking me for my License.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

@deilers as you have discovered, 1Password 7 is a paid upgrade from 1Password 6. There's more in this AgileBits' knowledge base article:

Upgrade to 1Password 7 for Mac

It is incredibly difficult to find, among the support documentation, details of the pricing for standalone 1Password 7 licences (although you can still buy a standalone licence) because there is a very strong push by AgileBits to the subscription model. The knowledge base article to which I've linked provides no help at all with buying a standalone licence.

So...if you want to revert to 1Password 6 there are detailed instructions in this AgileBits' post. If, on the other hand, you decide you want to upgrade but don't want to subscribe to 1Password.com you'll find details of the 1Password 7 licence pricing at the bottom of this AgileBits' blog post. Note particularly that if you do want a standalone 1Password 7 licence you must use the AgileBits' store download and not the App Store download (because the latter supports only the subscription model).

I'm sure others will chime in telling you much more about how advantageous the subscription model is but as people seem less keen to point posters to the standlone version I've spent a little time doing that in this post. :)

Edit: Added @.

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Stephen_C: I don't think they asked about buying a license for 1Password 7, so I'm not sure the colour commentary was necessary, but thank you for linking to the relevant pages since others may benefit from the info available on our website. ;)

@deilers: If you need help getting things setup, just let me know. I'll be glad to assist. :)

• deilers
    deilers
    Community Member
    Options

@Stephen_C Thanks for the reply. I'll keep all of that in mind should I decide to go with 7, but as @brenty noted I'm wanting to remain with V6, just need to understand why it's asking me for a license now that I've reinstalled it. Have a re-read of my original post and it should now make more sense.

@brenty Yes, I do need your help with the issue noted in my original post. What do I need to do to get my V6 working (licensed) since as I mentioned I already paid for it?

• Ben
    Options

@deilers

Did you purchase 1Password 6 from us directly? If so you should have a license file that you would've been emailed after your purchase that you can double click on to license 1Password. If instead you purchased from Apple through the App Store you'd need to trash the copy of 1Password you downloaded, launch the App Store app, make sure you're signed in with the Apple ID you originally purchased 1Password on, and then use the Purchases tab to install it.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• deilers
    deilers
    Community Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

@Ben Ok, that seems to have worked (reinstalling using the "Purchased" tab in the App Store). Thanks for the help. I'll post back if I see any more alerts but hoping this helped.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good. We're here if you needs us. :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.