Still in 1P trial. Is it best to buy from Agile or App Store?

blarsenblarsen Junior Member

I've used 1P for years - standalone purchased from App Store. I'm now using 1P7 on my computers. Question: is it best to buy from Agile or from App Store? My husband is using 1P6 as family purchase through App Store. Can he continue using it after I purchase 1P7?

1Password Version: 7 and 6
Extension Version: 4.7.2
OS Version: 10.13.6 & 10.10.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Still in 1P trial. Is it best to buy from Agile or App Store?

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @blarsen,

With 1Password 7 there are a couple of different purchasing options which are associated with different ways of using 1Password. The first, and recommended option, is a 1Password membership. Membership allows you to use the latest version of 1Password on all of your compatible devices. There are a number of other benefits as well:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

If you were to sign up for a 1Password Families membership, or if your husband already has one, both of you would be able to take advantage of this. That said OS X 10.10 is not compatible. You'd need to upgrade your OS on the computer that is running that.

The alternative is to use 1Password "standalone" with a license. This is not available through the App Store. You can read more about that option here:

Upgrade to 1Password 7 for Mac

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• blarsenblarsen Junior Member

Hi Ben - so my trial will be billed on 8/20 in the amount of $35.88. Would that be the membership you speak of?

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Yes indeed, that is a subscription membership with all the benefits of such (including access to 1Password 7 and all the trimmings). :)

Ben

• blarsenblarsen Junior Member

Hi again Ben. So I'll be billed on 8/20 for subscription membership. Since my husband's computer is so old he can use iP6 until he decides to upgrade computer. Thanks for you help.

• LarsLars Junior Member

Team Member

@blarsen - on behalf of ben, you're quite welcome; glad he was able to assist. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file