1P 7.1 BETA 1 crashing on launch on production release High Sierra

Options
testastretta
testastretta
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Worked before. Went to fill in a login with command-\, and it crashed -- sent a report to both Apple and you folks. I am no longer able to launch it, period.

I downloaded the package installer for 7.1 BETA 1 and reinstalled the binary. Same results. Can I downgrade to whatever is production i.e. is the database format etc. compatible? This is a show-stopper; I cannot use 1P on my machine due to this issue.

Unrelated: in BETA 1, you've regressed the bug on remembering window size on startup. :-(

1Password Version: 7.1 BETA 1
Extension Version: 4.7.1.4
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: 1P

Comments

• testastretta
    testastretta
    Community Member
    Options

For now, all I really need is confirmation that the current production version from the 1P website for version 7 (7.0.7 I believe) can safely replace the 7.1 BETA 1 binary without undue harm. I read the release notes, and it appears 7.1 for now is focused on changes to the filling engine. I just need the program itself to launch -- thanks for a quick response.

• rudy
    Options

@testastretta,

Yes, 7.0.7 should run fine. did you happen to put your email address on the crash reports sent to us?

Unrelated: in BETA 1, you've regressed the bug on remembering window size on startup.

Never actually fixed, so its still behaving the same as it always has. I'm going to be looking into that today to see if I can find the 1 place where its not telling the window where it should be.

• testastretta
    testastretta
    Community Member
    Options

@rudy Thank you. 7.0.7 works, as evidenced by the fact that I was able to authenticate to send this :) . And yes, my email address was included.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018
    Options

@testastretta - OK, thanks -- we'll make sure to look for it. :)

ref: apple-1910

• rosenkrieger
    rosenkrieger
    Community Member
    Options

Having the same issue as of today. Yesterday everything was working fine, today it keeps crashing as soon as I try to interact with 1Password.

• testastretta
    testastretta
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars It crashed again using 7.0.7. I submitted the crash with the same email address as the crash on 7.1 BETA 1. This time I copied the entire crash into an email -- please reply and tell me what address I should sent it to so that you folks are ensured to get it. This is pretty bad, and if it's happening now on 7.0.7, I have to wonder if something in the back end is possibly awry?

Here's an excerpt that seemed germane:

Exception Type: SIGABRT
    Exception Codes: #0 at 0x7fff6755db66
    Crashed Thread: 0

Application Specific Information:
    *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'Failed to convert encrypted data into dictionary: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=3840 "Garbage at end." UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=Garbage at end.}'

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@testastretta - thanks for the update, and sorry for the continued difficulty. The only email address I have for you is the one you used to sign up for this forum with, and I don't see any emailed logs or tickets from that address, which leads me to believe you must've used a different one. If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/453935/#Comment_453935
    • Your forum username: @testastretta
    • Those logs you sent previously

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• testastretta
    testastretta
    Community Member
    Options

Done. [#PIC-37559-816]

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@testastretta - swell! I see we've received it; one of us will have a look and reply to you shortly via email. Hang in there.

• testastretta
    testastretta
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars Thank you, and happy to help make 1P even better. Please don't hesitate to ask for what you need to squish this bug :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@testastretta - actually, if you wouldn't mind creating an actual diagnostics report (using above instructions) and sending that along as an attachment, it'd help a lot. Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@testastretta - to be a little more forthcoming, the crash report doesn't give us the UUID of the item that caused the crash, where the diagnostics report may very well.

• testastretta
    testastretta
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars Working on it now. Do I need to delete 7.0.7 and re-install BETA1 in order to run the diagnostics report?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@testastretta - nope. Just send what you have.

• testastretta
    testastretta
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars it was sent and the bot ACK'd the receipt :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@testastretta - thanks! :)

• Tam-Lin
    Tam-Lin
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem. Support id [#PGH-71423-281].

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Tam-Lin - sorry to hear about the trouble! One of us will be with you as quickly as possible via email.

ref: PGH-71423-281

• Tam-Lin
    Tam-Lin
    Community Member
    Options

Could you please poke someone about this? Without 1Password working, my laptop is mostly useless, as I can't access anything.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Tam-Lin: Consider me poked. I'm sorry it's taken me this long to get back to you. I'll be replying via email shortly.

This discussion has been closed.