1Password in-app autofill never finds the matching login

milad
milad
Community Member

It's fantastic that 1password is now automatically shows up inside apps on Android but I've never seen it successfully automatically find the matching login – like not a single time. I'm assuming this is because the logins are saved with names like foobar.com and the app reports something like foobar but perhaps the matching can be relaxed so that at least potential logins can show up?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@milad: It will only automatically find a matching login for you if your OS and the app support Google's Android Autofill APIs, which is pretty rare still since that's been around for less than a year. Otherwise, you're using accessibility filling, which matches based on what you tell it.

For example, 1Password has no way of matching your Facebook login to the Facebook app until you associate them. If it's your first time trying to fill there, 1Password will only give you the option to search for the login you want. When you select it, it will ask you to confirm that you want to associate that login with that app, and then it will fill it and also save the app's identifier in that login. That way it will be offered next time without you having to search.

At the end of the day, only Google's Autofill lets 1Password see the URL/app ID to have it match something you have saved automatically. We'll see more of that in time though as people get on newer OSes and app vendors start using the latest technologies in turn. Cheers! :)

• sankoshine
    sankoshine
    Community Member

@brenty I have a question... Is it possible to get the package name of an Android app, so that 1Password can automatically match the item to autofill. For example, when I want to fill in the login page of Facebook app, that's com.facebook.katana, so 1Password can reverse the package name to katana.facebook.com and match facebook.com as autofill suggestions.

• Hey @sankoshine. Usually searching the app on the Play Store will show it's package name in the app's URL. That said, you shouldn't need to do this if you're using the latest version of 1Password available--6.8. The first time you sign into an app, you'll be able to search for the Login you want to fill. After you search, you can choose to fill into that app. If you're using a 1Password account or if you're using a standalone vault in the OPVault format, when you choose to fill a Login, it will be linked to that app from then on.

This discussion has been closed.